Principles of Finance - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three (upper level) college semester hours credit in "Principles of Finance" by
passing DANTES examination SF-524 with a recommended minimum score of 51%
using this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again) try here.
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
(Although it is not an absolute prerequisite, you should probably take Principles of Financial Accounting or have equivalent knowledge before attempting this course)
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- * Block, Stanley B. and Hirt, Geoffrey A. Foundations of Financial Management 10th ed. Burr Ridge, IL: McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2002.
- Dickerson, Bodil, B.J. Campsey, and Eugene F. Brigham.
Introduction to Financial Management. 4th ed. Fort Worth, TX: Dryden Press, 1997.
- Gitman, Lawrence J.
Principles Of Managerial Finance: Brief . 4th ed. New York: Harper Collins, 2005.
- Mayo, Herbert B.
Financial Institutions, Investments, and Management : An Introduction. 8th ed. Cincinnati, OH: South-Western College Pub, 2003.
- Melicher, Ronald W. and Norton, Edgar A.
Finance : Introduction to Institutions, Investments, and Management Indianapolis, IN: John Wiley & Sons, 2005.