Physical Geology - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three college semester hours credit in "Physical Geology" by
passing DANTES examination SF-519 with a recommended minimum score of 54%
using this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again) try here.
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- Annenberg/CPB video course, The Earth Revealed, also titled The Living Earth, may be used as preparation.
- Hamblin, W. Kenneth.
Earth's Dynamic Systems. 10th ed., Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 2003.
- Judson, Sheldon and Marvin E. Kauffman.
Earth : An Introduction to Geologic Change Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1995.
- Larson, Edwin E. and Peter W. Birkeland.
Putnam's Geology. 5th ed., New York: Oxford University Press, 1989.
- McGeary, David, et. al.
Physical Geology: Earth Revealed. 5th ed., New York : McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- Montgomery, Carla W.
Environmental Geology. 5th ed. New York : McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- Plummer, Charles C., et. al.
Physical Geology. 10th ed. New York : McGraw-Hill, 2004.
- Press, Frank, et. al.
Understanding Earth. 4th ed. New York: W. H. Freeman, 2003.
- Skinner, Brian J. and Stephen C. Porter.
The Dynamic Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology. 5th ed., New York: John Wiley and Sons, 2003.
- Tarbuck, Edward J., et. al.
The Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology. 8th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1995.