Lifespan Developmental Psychology - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three college semester hours credit in "Lifespan Developmental Psychology" by passing
DANTES examination SF-490 or SG-490 with a recommended scaled score of 46 ( out of 97 ) using
this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again)
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- Berger, Kathleen S.
The Developing Person Through the Life Span. 6th ed. New York:
Worth Publishers, 2004.
- Cole, Michael and Shelia Cole.
The Development of Children. 5th ed. New York:
W. H. Freeman & Co., 2004.
- Craig, Grace J. and Baucum, Don
Human Development. 9th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ:
Prentice Hall, 2001.
- Gormly, Anne V.
Lifespan Human Development. 5th ed. New York: Holt Rinehart
and Winston, 1993.
- Hughes, Fergus P. and Lloyd D. Noppe.
Human Development Across the Lifespan. New York: West, 1999.
- Lefrancois, Guy R.
The Lifespan. 6th ed. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing
- Papalia, Diane E. et. al.
Human Development. 9th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- Rice, F. Philip.
Human Development--A Lifespan Approach. 4th ed. New York: Macmillan, 2000.
- * Santrock, John W.
Lifespan Development. 9th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- Turner, Jeffrey, and Donald Helms.
Lifespan Development. 5th ed. New York: Hbj College & School
- Vander Zanden, James W.
Human Development. 7th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2002.