A History of the Vietnam War - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three college semester hours credit in "A History of the Viet Nam War" by passing
DANTES examination SF-473 with a recommended scaled score of 62% using
this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again)
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
This test is based on the Public Broadcasting System video course,
Vietnam - A Television History, and its accompanying texts.
- Cohen, Steven.
VIETNAM.- Anthology and Guide to a Television History.New York: McGraw-Hill, 1983.
- Cohen, Steven.
Was the Vietnam War Legal? .New York:Center for Social Studies Education, 1991.
- Herring, George C.
America's Longest War: The U.S. and Vietnam 1950-1975. 4th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- Karnow, Stanley.
VIETNAM - A History. 2nd ed. New York: Penguin USA, 1997.