The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three (upper level) college semester hours credit in "The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union" by passing
DANTES examination SE-471 with a recommended scaled score of 45 (out of 105), using
this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again)
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- Milner-Gulland, R. R., et. al.
Cultural Atlas of Russia and the Former Soviet Union. Checkmark Books, 1998.
- Hosking, Geoffrey.
The First Socialist Society: A History of the Soviet Union from Within. 2nd ed. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1993.
- Kort, Michael.
The Soviet Colossus: History and Aftermath. 4th ed. Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe, 1996.
- McCauley, Martin.
The Soviet Union 1917-1991. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Addison Wesley, 1994.
- Nove, Alec.
An Economic History of the U.S.S.R., 1917-1991. 3rd ed. New York: Penguin, 1993.
- Thompson, John M.
A Vision Unfulfilled: Russia and the Soviet Union in the Twentieth Century. Lexington, MA: D.C. Heath and Company, 1996.
- Treadgold, Donald W.
Twentieth-Century Russia. 9th ed. San Francisco, CA: Westview Press, 1999.