Human & Cultural Geography - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three college semester hours credit in "Human / Cultural Geography" by passing
DANTES examination SF-470 or SG-470 with a recommended minimum score or 54%, using
this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again)
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- Bergman, Edward F.
Introduction to Geography: People, Places, and Environment 2nd ed.Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2002.
- DeBlij, A. J. and P. O. Muller.
Geography: Realms, Regions, and Concepts. 10th ed. New York: Wiley and Sons, 2003.
- DeBlij, A. J. and Murphy, Alexander B.
Human Geography: Culture, Society and Space. 7th ed. New York: Wiley and Sons, 2002.
- Gabler, Robert, et. al.
Essentials of Physical Geography. 5th ed. New York: Harcourt College Publishing, 1997.
- Getis, Arthur, et. al.
Introduction to Geography. 8th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- Goode,J. Paul.
Rand McNally Goode's World Atlas. 19th ed. Chicago: Rand-McNally, 2004.
- Hartshorne, Truman A. and John W. Alexander.
Economic Geography. 3rd. ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1988.
- McKnight, Thomas.
Physical Geography : A Landscape Appreciation . 8th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2004.
- Rubenstein, James M.
The Cultural Landscape: An Introduction to Human Geography. 8th ed., Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1998.
- Stansfield, Charles A. Jr.
Building Geographic Literacy: An Interactive Approach. 5th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2004.
- Strahler and Strahler.
Modern Physical Geography. 4th ed., New York: Wiley and Sons, 1991.