Introductory College Algebra - Credit by Examination - DANTES
Earn three college semester hours credit in Introductory College Algebra by passing
DANTES examination SF-424 or SG-424 with a recommended minimum score or 60%, using
this study guide:
- Begin your study by downloading the official Fact Sheet
for this exam. (If Thompson Prometric has moved these (again) try here.
- Assess your current readiness for the exam by reviewing the Content section and
answering the sample questions.
- Obtain materials to improve your skills in areas where you need additional
study from among the following:
- When you are ready, schedule an examination:
- Active duty (U.S.) military personnel contact your command DANTES office.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel may also be eligible for assistance.
- Others contact the College or University administering the test.
(Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support) offers
credit by examination via a group of standardized tests developed for
the voluntary education programs of the U.S. Armed Forces which have now
been made available for civilian use. The civilian tests are administered
by the Chauncey Group International
, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Educational Testing Service.
Link to these related articles :
The bibliography below is based on the suggested preparation readings for
the DANTES tests. It has been updated from the original recommendations with respect to
current editions and changes of publisher so far as is practicable.
- Aufmann, Richard N.
College Algebra and Trigonometry. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin, 2004.
- * Barnett, Raymond, et. al. College Algebra McGraw Hill, 2001.
- Hirsch, Lewis, and Arthur Goodman.
Understanding Intermediate Algebra with CD: Algebra for College Students. Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole, 2001.
- Lial, Margaret L., et. al.
Intermediate Algebra, 9th ed. New York, NY: Addison Wesley, 2003.
- Martin-Gay, K. Elayn.
Beginning Algebra. 4th ed. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2004.
- Ogden, James R.
The Algebra and Trigonometry Problem Solver. Piscataway, NJ: Research and Education Association, 1990.
- Spiegel, Murray R., et. al.
Schaum's Outline of Theory and Problems of College Algebra. 3rd ed. New York, NY: McGraw Hill, 2005.