The Playground


 

Original Playground 1928

Photo Post card of the playground postmarked July 25, 1928.  Although dated 1928, this photo first appeared in the weekly newspaper Grit on July 9, 1916.   This was across the street from the company store and according to oral history was the idea of Mrs. Weaver, wife of the company president. 
(photo at the Cambria County Historical Society credited as from the collection of William L. Martin)
 

 BACK