Descendants of John Wesley Patterson
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN WESLEY1 PATTERSON was born January 02, 1830, and died February 17, 1906. He married LOUISA WEAVER1 November 15, 1853 in Coles, Illinois2,3. She was born July 08, 1832 in Ohio4, and died December 10, 18855.
Children of JOHN PATTERSON and LOUISA WEAVER are:
2. i. WILLIAM HARMON2 PATTERSON, b. September 13, 1854; d. October 12, 1919.
ii. SAMUEL JACOB PATTERSON6, b. October 10, 1856; d. January 18, 19177; m. ROZELLA BATES8, January 11, 18878.
iii. HENRY MILES PATTERSON8, b. September 05, 1859; d. September 14, 1940.
3. iv. SARAH JANE PATTERSON, b. August 06, 1862; d. January 18, 1917.
v. JOHN THOMAS PATTERSON9, b. June 02, 1865; d. May 23, 1903.
4. vi. LUCY LOUISA PATTERSON, b. January 07, 1873.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM HARMON2 PATTERSON (JOHN WESLEY1)9 was born September 13, 1854, and died October 12, 1919. He married FANNIE BATES9 July 19, 18879.
Children of WILLIAM PATTERSON and FANNIE BATES are:
i. ARCHIE LEROY3 PATTERSON9, b. July 02, 1891; d. January 11, 1906.
ii. EDYTH BELL PATTERSON9, b. October 31, 1891; d. January 07, 1892.
iii. ORVAL HENRY PATTERSON9, b. January 12, 1905.
3. SARAH JANE2 PATTERSON (JOHN WESLEY1)9 was born August 06, 1862, and died January 18, 1917. She married HORATIO HILL BURNHAM November 25, 1885.
Children of SARAH PATTERSON and HORATIO BURNHAM are:
i. ERNEST ELMER3 BURNHAM, b. October 09, 1886; m. CALLIE HARLEY, June 03, 1913.
ii. HALL HARRISON BURNHAM, b. January 30, 1894.
iii. HAZEL PATTERSON BURNHAM9, b. September 10, 1895; m. CHESTER A. CARTER9, December 01, 1913.
4. LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON (JOHN WESLEY1)9 was born January 07, 1873. She married CHARLES LEWIS STRONG10 June 12, 189211, son of CHARLES STRONG and MARY FOX. He was born May 1869 in Cherry Valley, Winnebago, IL12.
Notes for CHARLES LEWIS STRONG: Mayor of Red Bluff, Tehama County, California May 3, 1920 until April 17, 1922. He owned and operated a butcher shop with his brother George E. Strong. They advertised their market in the newspaper with sayings like "It's as plain as the nose on your face, that well-fed men always win the race" and "Cupid dwells in well-fed land, where pure meats are in demand". In 1919 Charles Strong purchased a Victorian style house on Jefferson Street in Red Bluff, where he lived for many years. It was considered one of the choicest locations in the city. It was built by townsman, H. H. Wiendieck, and was purchased by C.L. Strong for $4,000.* The house is known, in 1998, as the "Faulkner House" and is a popular Bed and Breakfast site. *(Evening Sentinel, Red Bluff, Tehama County, California, Saturday, February 1, 1919)
Children of LUCY PATTERSON and CHARLES STRONG are:
5. i. MARY LOUISA3 STRONG, b. March 02, 1893; d. 1987, San Jose, California.
ii. ROY LEWIS STRONG13, b. August 12, 1895.
iii. DUDLEY DEWEY STRONG13, b. January 07, 1898.
6. iv. HARVEY WESLEY STRONG, b. October 14, 1900.
v. MILDRED LUCY STRONG13, b. April 16, 1903.
Generation No. 3
5. MARY LOUISA3 STRONG (LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON, JOHN WESLEY1)13 was born March 02, 1893, and died 1987 in San Jose, California. She married (1) ROBERT EDMUND RILEY June 12, 191013, son of Henry RILEY and MARY FOX. He was born 1888 in Chico, California, and died Aft. 1928. (2) She married MARK CIRBY.
Notes for MARY LOUISA STRONG: About 1935 Mary had Robert Riley declared legally dead and remarried.
Notes for ROBERT EDMUND RILEY: Disappeared about 1928, and was never seen again. May have gone to Australia, or to South America.
Children of MARY STRONG and ROBERT RILEY are:
7. i. CLARA IRENE4 RILEY, b. March 04, 1911; d. June 1959, Paradise CA.
8. ii. DOROTHEA MARGARET RILEY, b. September 23, 1912, Greenville CA.
9. iii. LUCY MAY RILEY, b. May 07, 1915.
iv. ROBERT LEWIS RILEY, b. April 02, 1917; d. December 1986, San Jose, CA; m. (1) RUTH, Abt. 1945; m. (2) BETTY, Abt. 1985.
6. HARVEY WESLEY3 STRONG (LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON, JOHN WESLEY1)13 was born October 14, 1900. He married CHARLOTTE GARDNER.
Children of HARVEY STRONG and CHARLOTTE GARDNER are:
i. DOROTHY HELEN4 STRONG, b. Abt. 1925.
ii. GARDNER STRONG, b. Abt. 1930; m. RUTH.
Generation No. 4
7. CLARA IRENE4 RILEY (MARY LOUISA3 STRONG, LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON, JOHN WESLEY1) was born March 04, 1911, and died June 1959 in Paradise CA. She married (1) LONNIE WHITSON. He was born Abt. 1905 in Oklahoma. She married (2) RINALDO BIANCHI. He was born in Italy.
Children of CLARA RILEY and RINALDO BIANCHI are:
i. GEORGIA5 BIANCHI, m. PETERSON.
ii. PETER BIANCHI.
8. DOROTHEA MARGARET4 RILEY (MARY LOUISA3 STRONG, LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON, JOHN WESLEY1) was born September 23, 1912 in Greenville CA. She married (1) JOHN SCHAEFER Abt. 1930. She married (2) CYRUS EDGAR MAXFIELD July 18, 1936, son of HERBERT MAXFIELD and MATTIE AKERS. He was born December 11, 1913 in Bellingham WA. She married (3) HENRY FREDERICK ZINSER November 10, 1969 in Seattle, King, WA. He was born March 1915.
Child of DOROTHEA RILEY and JOHN SCHAEFER is:
i. SCHAEFER5, b. Abt. 1931; d. Abt. 1931.
Notes for SCHAEFER: Child was stilborn.
Children of DOROTHEA RILEY and CYRUS MAXFIELD are:
10. ii. LONNIE ROBERT5 MAXFIELD, b. April 26, 1940, Seattle Washington.
11. iii. MARILYN JOY MAXFIELD, b. September 07, 1945, San Diego California.
9. LUCY MAY4 RILEY (MARY LOUISA3 STRONG, LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON, JOHN WESLEY1) was born May 07, 1915. She married (1) CLAYTON HENRY Abt. 1932. She married (2) CHARLES CARTER Abt. 1936. She married (3) JESS MC REYNOLDS Abt. 1952. She married (4) FRED SUEYRES Abt. 1990.
Child of LUCY RILEY and CLAYTON HENRY is:
i. CHARLENE5 HENRY, b. Abt. 1933.
Child of LUCY RILEY and CHARLES CARTER is:
ii. MARY LOUISE5 CARTER, b. Abt. 1937.
Children of LUCY RILEY and JESS MC REYNOLDS are:
iii. JANE5 MC REYNOLDS, b. 1957.
iv. ONA MC REYNOLDS, b. 1958.
v. ROBERT MC REYNOLDS, b. 1960 d.1977
Notes for ROBERT MC REYNOLDS: died at age 17 in automobile accident.
Generation No. 5
10. LONNIE ROBERT5 MAXFIELD (DOROTHEA MARGARET4 RILEY, MARY LOUISA3 STRONG, LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON, JOHN WESLEY1) was born April 26, 1940 in Seattle Washington. He married (1) JANICE ANN KOOPER July 23, 1961 in Seattle, King, WA. She was born January 06, 1942, and died April 20, 1977 in Renton WA. He married (2) ALICE JOY SWAN July 18, 1977 in Pewaukee WI, daughter of RALPH SWAN and BERTHA. She was born February 1947 in Pewaukee WI. He married (3) JULIE 1980 in Bellevue WA.
Notes for LONNIE ROBERT MAXFIELD: Lonnie is founder and president of Jivan Institute a not for profit organization, established to preserve and restore the planet, and grow herbs to formulate healthy, non chemically produced phytomedicines.
Children of LONNIE MAXFIELD and JANICE KOOPER are:
i. TANIA MARIE6 MAXFIELD, b. September 02, 1962, Seattle Washington; m. JULIAN GONZALES.
Notes for TANIA MARIE MAXFIELD: Graduated from the University of Washington with a degree in education. In 1999 Tania is a counselor at Edmonds-Woodway High School, in Edmonds Washington.
ii. DEBORAH LYNN MAXFIELD, b. May 04, 1964, Seattle Washington.
iii. MAXFIELD, b. April 20, 1977, Renton WA; d. April 20, 1977, Renton WA.
Child of LONNIE MAXFIELD and ALICE SWAN is:
iv. AMANDA JOY6 MAXFIELD, b. July 31, 1978, Seattle Washington.
11. MARILYN JOY5 MAXFIELD (DOROTHEA MARGARET4 RILEY, MARY LOUISA3 STRONG, LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON, JOHN WESLEY1) was born September 07, 1945 in San Diego California. She married DAVID HARLIE KING December 29, 1962 in Seattle, King, Washington, son of CHARLES KING and LILLIAN DAVIES. He was born November 23, 1943 in Astoria Oregon.
Children of MARILYN MAXFIELD and DAVID KING are:
12. i. RANDALL DAVID6 KING, b. November 20, 1963, Seattle, King, Washington.
13. ii. STEPHEN PAUL KING, b. May 11, 1966, Seattle, King, Washington.
14. iii. RACHEL MARILYN KING, b. November 05, 1969, Seattle, King, Washington.
iv. DANIEL FLYNN KING, b. September 04, 1979, Seattle, King, Washington.
Generation No. 6
12. RANDALL DAVID6 KING (MARILYN JOY5 MAXFIELD, DOROTHEA MARGARET4 RILEY, MARY LOUISA3 STRONG, LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON, JOHN WESLEY1) was born November 20, 1963 in Seattle, King, Washington. He married TIFFANY CORINNE STODDARD July 22, 1989 in Lynnwood, Snohomish, Washington, daughter of LARRY STODDARD and IRISH ELLIOT. She was born March 1967.
Children of RANDALL KING and TIFFANY STODDARD are:
i. CHARLES GRANT7 KING, b. August 31, 1994, Seattle, King, Washington.
ii. DUNCAN LAWRENCE KING, b. October 29, 2000, Seattle, King, Washington.
13. STEPHEN PAUL6 KING (MARILYN JOY5 MAXFIELD, DOROTHEA MARGARET4 RILEY, MARY LOUISA3 STRONG, LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON, JOHN WESLEY1) was born May 11, 1966 in Seattle, King, Washington. He married TRACEY HANSEN July 20, 1997 in Mukilteo, Snohomish, Washington, daughter of ROBERT HANSEN and KAREN JORDAN. She was born April 30, 1965 in Seattle, King, Washington.
Children of STEPHEN KING and TRACEY HANSEN are:
i. HAILEY RAE7 HANSEN, b. October 30, 1985.
ii. CARLIE LYN HANSEN, b. December 19, 1988.
iii. SAMUEL MACGREGOR FLYNN KING, b. April 20, 1999, Edmonds, Snohomish, WA.
14. RACHEL MARILYN6 KING (MARILYN JOY5 MAXFIELD, DOROTHEA MARGARET4 RILEY, MARY LOUISA3 STRONG, LUCY LOUISA2 PATTERSON, JOHN WESLEY1) was born November 05, 1969 in Seattle, King, Washington. She married STEVEN CHARLES EGNER July 02, 1988 in Lynnwood, Snohomish, Washington, son of ROBERT EGNER and GAIL MAHANEY. He was born May 07, 1960.
Children of RACHEL KING and STEVEN EGNER are:
i. RHYS ALEC7 EGNER, b. September 15, 1996, Edmonds, Snohomish, WA.
ii. ZOE MAE EGNER, b. June 13, 1998, Edmonds, Snohomish, WA.
1. LDS records, www.familysearch.org.
2. Family Bible.
3. LDS records, www.familysearch.org.
4. 1850 Illinois census.
5. Family Bible.
6. Patterson Family Bible.
7. Family Bible, re-copied by Henry Miles Patterson.
8. Family Bible.
9. Patterson Family Bible.
10. Strong.ged, Date of Import: Jun 26, 2000.
11. Patterson Family Bible.
12. Strong.ged, Date of Import: Jun 26, 2000.
13. Patterson Family Bible.
Patterson Family Photos