Questions. 1. What are the 2 Words of the Witness (Kalimah Shahadah)?
What is Salat?
3. What are the 9 essentials for offering Salat?
4. What are the 10 acts in the performance of Wudu?
5. What is Tayammum? Explain
6. What are the requirements of making Wudu in stagnant water?
7. Explain the procedure
of taking istingent and tell why it is necessary.
8. When does Ghusl become Obligatory? Explain procedure.
makes Wudu void?
10. Write in phonetics the prayer said after Wudu?
11. Essay: the 5 Pillars.
12. What are the
positions of Salat? In order.
13. Write the phonetics and transliteration of what is said in each position of salat. (Exclude
14. What are the acts that make Salat void?
15. Name the different classifications of Salat.
Whats the difference in the foot positioning of Jalsa and Sajda?
17. Write the Sana, Fatiha, Ikhlas, Nas, Kafirun, Asr,
Nasr, Kauthar, or any other Sura you have learned, also the At Tashahud, and Darud Sharief in phonetics and transliteration.
18. What is Qadat ul Oola?
19. What is Qadat ul Akhira?
20. What is the difference between Fard al Ain and Fard
21. What is Fard al Ain and Fard al Kifayah concerning Salat?
is the difference between Wajib, Sunnah, and Nafl prayers?
23. How many kinds of Wajib prayers are there?
the 5 Obligatory Salats.
25. How many rakats are compulsory in each of the 5 daily prayers?
26. What is Wajib ul Witr?
27. How is it different from other salats?
28. What is Salatul Janazah? Explain.
29. What are the times of Fard
salat according to the Sun and the alternation of night & day? Not according to clocks, watches, or time schedules.
When is a person prohibited from making Salat?
31. What is Salatul Juma`a? What is the Khutbah? Elaborate.
are the 2 Wajib ul `Eid prayers? When are they offered?
33. What should one do if one misses the beginning of a congregational
prayer and enters the masjid when salat is already in process?
34. Name 5 Nafl Salat.
35. Name the rak'ats to make
36. Give the definition of the following abbreviations: (S.A.W.S.), (P.B.U.H.), (P.B.U.T.), (A.W.S.),
37. Give the definition of Zakat.
38. How is the Zakat to be calculated?
39. To whom is Zakat
40. What is Sadaqat ul Fitr?
41. What do you mean by observation of the fast during Ramadan? Explain.
42. Under what circumstances should a woman postpone the observation of the fast?
43. What is the penalty for doing
anything without good reason that makes a fast void?
44. What is the real significance of fasting?
45. Write in phonetics
and transliteration the intentions for the fast during the month of Ramadan.
46. Who is exempt from observing the fast?
47. What is the Qibla? What is the Ka'aba? (Its History).
48. Name the 12 Islamic months.
49. Essay: The 7 Articles
50. Give an explanation of the meaning of "Islam".
1. La ilaha illa-llah, the goal in life. Muhammadar Rasulu-llah, the method
of attaining that goal.
2. Salat, prayer, is the act of worshipping Allah according to the teaching
of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
3. The worshipper must be a Muslim. The clothes and body must be free from
impurities. The place for prayer should be pure and clean. The body between the naval and knees should be covered for a male,
and the whole body except the hands and face, for a female. The worshipper must face the Ka'aba. You must make intentions
for the particular salat, must observe the times and rules, have istinja, wudu, and ghusl.
4. Use clean water. intentions of wudu for salat. recite Bismi-llahir Rahmanir
Raheem. wash hands 3 times. mouth with finger 3 times. nostrils 3 times. face 3 times. arms to elbows 3 times. ears 3 times.
feet 3 times.
5. Using earth instead of water for wudu or ghusl. to strike palms of hands
on pure earth lightly, leave excess, pass over face once. strike earth again, rub from fingers to elbows, forearms and hands.
6. Make sure container is ten yards x ten yards x one foot full of water.
(21 inch yard).
7. Do not face or turn your back to Qiblah without screening, do not use
right hand, excrement should not be visible to others, use water or no less than 3 stones, and no bone or dung. Not purifying
after toilet causes punishment in the grave.
8. After sexual intercourse, discharge or effusion of semen, completion
of menses and confinement, wash hands, private parts, make ablution, and pour water on the head and the whole body 3 times.
9. Answering the call of nature, discharge of semen, worm, or impure matter,
passage of wind from private part, vomiting a mouthful of matter, emission of blood, puss, or yellow matter from wound, boil
or pimple, out of the wound, loss of consciousness lying while down, temporary insanity, fainting fit, hysteria, or intoxication,
10. Allahumma j`alni minat tawwabeena waj`alni minal mutaTahhireen.
11. The declaration of La ilaha illa-llah, Muhammadar Rasulu-llah, observing
obligatory prayers five times a day, distribution of Zakat, (one fortieth of one's income after necessities, each year), observing
the fasts during the month of Ramadan, the performance of Hajj to Mecca, at least once in a lifetime.
12. Iqamah, Takbir Tahrima, Qiyam, Ruku, Qaumah, Sajdah, Jalsa, Qa'dah.
14. Talking, making3 mistakes in a row, emission of impure matter or breaking
wudu. Drinking, or eating in prayer, turning the chest away from Ka'aba, committing breach of any fard of prayer, uncovering
an unlawful part of the body.
15. Fard al Ain, fard al kifayah, wajib, sunnatul mu'akkadah, sunnatul
ghairil mu'akkadah, nafl.
16. in jalsa the left foot is lowered and turned in - in sajda, both feet
are on the toes.
18. the sitting position in the second rak'at of a 3 or 4 rak'at prayer.
19. the final sitting position in salat.
20. fard `ain, compulsory duty on an individual, fard kifayah, compulsory
duty on a group.
21. Fard `Ain prayers are the 5 daily prayers obligatory for each individual,
Fard Kifayah prayers must be offered by one of the community, for the community.
22. Wajib is next to fard and Necessary for Muslims. Sunnah, the Holy Prophet
prayed regularly. Nafl, are voluntary.
23. Witr, Juma`a, Eid Fitr, Eid `Adha.
24. Fajr, Zuhr, `Asr, Maghrib, `Isha.
25. 2 fard 2 sunna, 4 sunna 4 fard 2 sunna, 4 fard, 3 fard 2 sunna, and
4 fard 2 sunna.
26. 1 or 3 rak'ats offered after the fard and sunna of `Isha salat.
27. In the third rak'at, before Ruku, a prayer called Du`a al Qunoot is
28. Salatul Janazah is a congregational salat of 4 Takbirs said for the
29. After dawn but before sunrise; early after noon; late after noon; immediately
after sunset; after dark but before dawn.
30. While the sun is rising; While the sun is at high noon; While the sun
31. The friday congregational prayer which cannot be said alone. A sermon
of praise to Allah and blessing on His Messenger, and admonition to the people, delivered in 2 parts before the fard prayer.
32. Eid ul Fitr, The first day after the month of fasts; Eid ul `Adha,
The 10th day of the month of Hajj.
33. Say Takbir, join the congregation, make up lost rak'ats after salaam
to the right.
34. Salatul Ishraq, Salatul Duha, Tahiyyat ul Masjid, Tahajjud, Tarawih.
35. 2 rak'ats fard Fajr, 2 rak'ats fard Zuhr, 2 rak'ats fard `Asr, 3 rak'ats
fard Maghrib, 2 rak'ats fard `Isha.
36. (Salla-llahu Alaihi Wa Sallam), (Peace be upon him), (Peace be upon
them), (Alaihi Wa Salaam), (Radee Allahu Anhu), (Rahmatu Alaihi).
37. Zakat is the income tax a muslim of means must pay each year.
38. It is 2 1/2% of money or articles of trade, after paying necessities,
39. To poor and needy Muslims or new converts with sudden needs, Muslims
in debt, way-farers, prisoners of war, employees of Imam or Amir, those in Jihad or out giving da'wah.
40. A yearly necessary charity given by every Muslim on the last day of
41. The act of abstaining from eating, drinking, smoking, allowing anything
whatsoever to enter into the body, also voluntary vomiting, self pollution, sexual intercourse, from dawn to sunset.
42. If a woman is suckling a child, pregnant, or during her menses.
43. omitting the fast will be committing a sin and must be made up.
44. Obedience to Allah, and developing the habit of self control against
temptations and sin.
45. Nawaitul sauma ghadin `an ada'i fardi Ramadana hadhihis sanati lillahi
ta`ala. I intend to fast for this day in order to perform my duty towards Allah in the month of Ramadan of this year.
46. Infants, invalids, the insane, people too old or infirm to bear hardships.
47. To face the direction of the Ka'aba. The cubic shaped House of Allah,
containing articles of the prophets, opposite the Throne of Allah, built by Adam, restored by Abraham, preserved by the Qurayshi.
48. Muharram, Safar, Rabi'a 1, Rabi'a 2, Jumada 1, Jumada 2, Rajab, Sha'ban,
Ramadan, Shawwal, Zul Qadah, Zul Hijjah.
49. Belief in the Oneness of Allah; Belief in the Angels of Allah; Belief
in the Books of Allah; Belief in the Prophets of Allah; Belief in the Day of Resurrection; Belief in the Day of Judgment;
Belief that Allah has Power over all good and evil.
50. "Islam" means peace with Allah through submission and acting in accordance
with His and commands and guidance.