The top view.
Heres the radar flipped upside down. Here I am gluing the bottom 1/8 plexi to ring to the bottom with goop, I've already glued
the plexi disc to the masonite on the top of the radar. Notice that I have notched out where the ear posts will go on either
side of the radar section.
I drilled a 1/2" hole and a 1/4" one right next to it on the top part of the radar. This is before I attached the
clutch pack and will be used to bolt on the end cap that will hold the neck in place. The snaller hole will be used to run
power to the brain.
I cut a 1/2" piece of steel threaded rod and notched a 1/2" washer to attach the 11/2" pvc end cap to the top
of the radar section. The washer was notched so I could fit a 1/4" aluminum tube up into the end cap for the wiring of
Heres how the rod is attached to the inside of the radar section. Another notched washer accepts the 1/4" tubing.
After I blew a bunch of money trying to find motors that A) were quiet and B) were small, I finally stumbled on these timing
motors at All electronics. These guys spin at 30 rpm, now on the show I've timed them at 48 put who cares it looks good. The
only down side is they run at 110. I bought two flexi shafts from Hobbylobby, these are made for rc boats. The good news about
these motors is that they are dead silent and only cost 2.50 each! Of course the flexi shafts were 16.00 each,, go figure.
Anyway as you can see I mounted them to wood blocks inside the radar section with some goop
The motors spin Scotts ear posts great. The other thing I noticed was each time you power up these motors they change direction.
Oh well, who knows, I just pretend that he's scanning In a new area.