Online Feline Fanciers Constitution
Article I: Name
This organization shall be known as Online Feline Fanciers.
Article II: Affiliation
This organization shall be affiliated with The Cat Fanciers'
Association, Inc., and shall be non-profit in nature.
The objects of the organization shall be:
- To support and encourage electronic communication and the
use of computer technology to benefit all aspects of the cat
- To promote friendship, understanding and communication
between cat fanciers.
- To encourage the free and meaningful exchange of knowledge
- To advocate in every way possible the interests of breeders
and exhibitors and to promote the welfare of all cats.
Article IV: Membership
- All members must have access to a computer and modem,
and must have access to the electronic service in use by the
club as specified in Article VII, Section 1 of the club
- There shall be three categories of membership:
- Regular: A Regular member must be an active breeder and/or
exhibitor registering and showing cats in CFA. Other persons
shall also be eligible as defined in Article I, Section 2(b) of
the By-Laws. Regular members pay dues and may cast one vote per
- Associate: Associate memberships are available to anyone interested
in the goals of this club. Associate members do not pay dues and may
- Charter Members: All persons integrally involved in the founding
of this club (see attached
list) are considered Charter Members.
They shall have the same rights and responsibilities as Regular
- Requirements for attaining membership and grounds for termination of
membership are delineated in Articles I and X of the By-Laws,
Article V: Officers
- Section 1:
- The officers of this organization shall consist of the
President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. All
offices shall be held by individuals and shall not be combined.
- Section 2:
- Directors-At-Large shall be elected as provided in Article VI
of the By-Laws. The officers and Directors-At-Large shall
constitute the Board of Directors, of which the President
shall be chairperson.
- Section 3:
- The club delegate to the CFA Annual Meeting shall be chosen
each May by the Board of Directors.
- Section 4:
- The term of all elected positions is one year, to begin on
May 1 and end the following April 30. Elections shall be held
in due time for elected officials to assume office on May 1.
- Section 5:
- A member may hold a given elected position for no more than
two consecutive full terms. No other term limits apply.
- Section 6:
- A vacancy in any elected position other than the President
shall be filled by vote of the Board of Directors. The Vice
President shall become President should the Presidential office
become vacant for any reason.
- Section 7:
- Officers and Directors-At-Large may be removed from office
under the circumstances and by the means delineated in
Article X, Section 2 of the By-Laws.
Article VI: Meetings
- Section 1:
- Regular, Annual, and Special meetings of this organization
shall be held as provided in Article II of the By-Laws.
- Section 2:
- All meetings shall be held as electronic conferences. All
other formal communication within the organization shall be
accomplished electronically as delineated in the By-Laws.
Article VII: Amendments
This Constitution and the accompanying By-Laws may be amended as follows:
- The text of the amendment and explanation of the proposed change must
be submitted electronically to the Secretary, who shall make the full
proposal available as a text file. This file shall be uploaded to the
club's electronic library as described in Article VII of the By-Laws.
The proposal must be available for at least 30 days prior to the
conclusion of voting.
- The membership shall have at least 7 days to respond to an e-mail asking for their vote.
The Secretary shall then tabulate all votes
cast and post the final results as delineated in Article IV of the
By-Laws. This must be done within 24 hours of the conclusion of the
From here, you may continue on to the bylaws or return to the
/OFF home page.
Comments on this site are eagerly welcomed by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: WED JAN 21 1998