Edward Arthur Earl
Current Residence: Bellevue WA, a suburb of Seattle.
My father, Charles Earl, lives in Bozeman MT.
My younger brother Jim lives in Livingston MT.
I have a profile on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Present position: Software design engineer, Microsoft.
Check out my biographical sketch for more detail on
where I've been and what I've done.
B.S. Chemistry and mathematics, Furman
Ph.D. Computational chemistry,
of Utah, 1992.
Hobbies and Interests:
- "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."
- -Thomas Alva Edison
Earl's Laws of Mathematical Ethics:
- Any unit of angle other than the radian is
- Any continuous logarithm or exponential to any
base other than e is mathematically ugly.
- The absolute value function is mathematically ugly.
- I am often known to call myself "7.389056099", which is (to the
number of significant digits shown) a transcendental number that can be
obtained in only two or three keystrokes on a typical scientific calculator.
Can you figure out what this number means? Hint: see Earl's Second Law of
Click here to contact me electronically.