Enter a quilt
The Quilt Registration Form is available online.
To access the file, you need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader; download it from the Adobe web site.
Alll entries from New York State quilters are welcome in our non-juried show. Remember our theme this show, "Stitch Upon a Star," is ripe for interpretation! there are many ways to incorporate it into your quilt design.
We would like to extend the invitation and opportunity to have your quilt judged. A professional NACQA judge will honestly and constructively critique your quilt on its own merits. Quilts displayed in previous Empire QuiltFests are not eligible to be shown.
Judged quilts are eligible for ribbon awards for First, Second, Third and Honorable Mention, as well as various “Best of” ribbons. In addition, we award “Best of New York” gift baskets to:
• “Best of Show” - awarded by the show judge
• “New Entrant” - selected by a random drawing from all quilts submitted by first time entrants to the Empire QuiltFest
• “Best Theme Quilt” - chosen by the Empire QuiltFest show committee from all the Theme Quilt entries, including non-judged quilts.
The deadline for EQF 2018 registration is March 1, 2018.
The Empire QuiltFest will provide security and insurance for your quilt while it is in our possession. The maximum insurance we will provide for an item is $1000. This is a reasonable replacement of materials only. If you are concerned that the value of your quilt exceeds this insured amount, we strongly encourage you to have it appraised and covered under your homeowner’s insurance. Security is a high priority for us and we will do everything possible to insure the safety of your project.
Completing the Quilt Registration Form
A brief description of your quilt is required for display purposes. Please include any pertinent information about your entry. Why did you make this quilt? What was your inspiration? Was it a challenging technique? We reserve the right to edit your description.
Quilts will be displayed according to their relative size and technique. Empire QuiltFest reserves the right to move any quilt into a more appropriate category.
• Super large: quilts larger than 96" in width and 96" in length
• Large: quilts larger than 60" in width and 80" in length and less than 96" x 96"
• Medium: quilts greater than 42" by 42" but less than 60" in width and 80" in length
• Small: quilts less than 42" in width and 42" in length
• Miniature: quilts 24" by 24" or smaller, and all aspects of the quilt are dramatically reduced in scale
(for example, 1 foot = 1 inch).
Technique Definitions: Choose the technique that reflects your quilt. If your quilt is a mixture of both piecing and applique, choose “combined techniques.”
• Applique: A quilt using appliqué as the predominant construction technique. It may be hand or machine appliqued.
• Antique: quilts that pre-date 1960.
• Art: A quilt from an original design, reflecting innovative construction and design techniques, theme or subject matter, and/or materials. No commercial patterns or copies of previous works allowed. Quilts must be made predominantly of fabric, have three layers, and contain hand or machine quilting.
• Group: Quilts made by three or more people. Please include a list of all participants.
• Mixed Media: Quilt design is predominently enhanced with embroidery, stamps, beading, photo transfer, woven
metals, paint, wool applique, crazy quilt, heavy embellishments, or thread painting
• Combined Techniques: A quilt where a fairly even amount of piecing and applique is used to develop the design of the top.
• Pieced: A quilt using piecing as the predominant construction technique, by hand or machine.
• Quilts made by children (under 18) can be of any size and are for exhibit only (not judged).
• Theme: The theme for Empire QuiltFest 2018 is “Stitch Upon A Star.” These quilts must comply with the stated theme. Limit one entry per person. Maximum size of 42" x 42." Entry forms and photographs are required, but there is NO entry fee for these quilts. However, if you wish to have your theme entry judged, you must submit the judging fee. Be creative!
Design/pattern source: Please make every effort to give accurate credit where credit is due for your inspiration and finished work.
Please send the following so they are received by March 1, 2018:
•Registration forms (one form for each quilt)
•Payment form Check payable to “Empire QuiltFest” for the appropriate fees
•One self-addressed, stamped envelope
Send all entries to:
Empire QuiltFest, P.O. Box 875, Amsterdam, NY 12010