Enter a quilt
QUILT DROP OFF INFORMATION available on "Quilt Drop Off" page, including information about how your quilt need to be prepared for the show.
This is not a juried show; all entries from New York State quilters are welcome. We would like to extend the invitation andopportunity to have your quilt judged. An experienced and trained judge will honestly and constructively critique your quilt on its own merits. You will be given suggestions on how to improve what you have done and given a better understanding of how and why a quilt is considered a quality piece.
Ribbons are awarded at the judge’s discretion for First, Second, Third, and Honorable Mention in each category, as well as various “Best of” ribbons. Not all ribbons will be awarded. In addition, we award “Best of New York” gift baskets to the “Best of Show,” “New Entrant” and “Best Theme Quilt.” “Best of Show” is awarded by the show judge. “New Entrant” is selected by a random drawing from all quilts submitted by first time entrants to Empire QuiltFest, and “Best Theme Quilt” is chosen by the Empire Quilt Fest show committee from all the Theme Quilt entries, including non-judged quilts.
The deadline for registration is February 15, 2016. No exceptions. If your project is not finished at the time of registration, but you anticipate it will be for the show, we advise you to submit the forms. Additional forms are available on our website at www.empirequiltfest.org. We will not accept entries after this date and only finished pieces will be shown. You must do the following by February 15, 2016:
• Submit a separate Quilt Registration form for EACH entry. Keep a copy for your records.
• Submit a photo for each entry. Photo will not be returned.
• Submit entry fees: $12 judged quilt, $5 non-judged quilt. Fees for theme quilts: $12 judged quilt, $0 (no fee) non-judged theme quilt (limit one per person). Theme quilts must comply with the show theme “Two by Two.”
• Submit Payment Form and check.
• Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with each entry.
• Submit all of above by February 15, 2016 to: Empire QuiltFest, P.O. Box 554, Burnt Hills, NY 12027