I have collected quite a bit of potentially useful information, mostly in English but some in French (I do not read German), which I have divided up as follows:
- General Information
including visa information, tourist offices, transport information,
hiking clubs, weather services, and a couple of sites that did not fit
- Maps that are needed for an Haute Route
traverse, plus many that are not "needed" but may be of interest to
- Books. Yes, there is more to the Haute
Route than Kev Reynolds' guide!!!
- Haute Route Trip Reports that I
have found. There must be more, but Google searches on most Haute
Route terms are not very rewarding.
- Lodging. Here I usually give pointers
to tourist offices, rather than to individual establishments, since
the local tourist office can track changes better than I can!
- Huts. Mainly pointers to the individual hut web sites, plus a few comments on huts in general.