Liner notes for Nick De Caro's Happy Heart (1969)
Nick my friend
There was a time, when the world of records, was as foreign to me as a far away land...
A time, when a sound booth was a little box within a box where I could mostly hear the sound of my own heart, and where I could observe in astonishment my own state of panic...
It was the time of my first album, and everything was doubt and confusion...
And wasn't it nice to have you there, to correct, to fix, to arrange, to make beautiful sounds, to make me laugh, and occasionally, to hold my hand...
And now look at you!!!!
You gave up your comfortable way of looking at things from the outside in, and stepped to the other side of the glass, to bravely enter the lonely sound booth to give perfect strangers, a very, very beautiful album...
If once you're in, you should hear your own heart beat, or should be in need of a friendly hand, you won't have to reach I'll be on the other side of the glass, smiling my biggest smile...
[An owner of this record tells me, "The liner notes include Claudine's cute little signature, along with a hand-drawn flower."]
1. Happy Heart (J. Rae-J. Last)
2. Lullaby from "Rosemary's Baby" (C. Komeda)
3. Hey Jude (Lennon-McCartney)
4. I'll Forget You (F. Pourcel-B. Owens)
5. Love Is All (Nick De Caro)
6. Quiet Sunday (M. Garson)
1. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (Lennon-McCartney)
2. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me (Gamble-Rose)
3. Amy's Theme (J. Sebastian)
4. Caroline, No (B. Wilson-T. Asher)
5. If I Only Had Time (Fugain-Delanoe-Fishman)