Opportunities for Visitors
Visiting Faculty and Senior Personnel
I've hosted several summer faculty and senior visitors over the years, including:
In some cases, special arrangements were made with the visitor's institution. However, the ONR/ASEE
Program provides opportunities as well, which were arranged for the visits by Karl, Josh, Kurt,
Gita, and Brendan. Please see here
for more information (e.g., on the ONR/ASEE Program). Applications are usually due in early December.
- Karl Branting (MITRE), then with U. Wyoming (FY95)
- Francesco Ricci (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano), then with IRST (Trento, Italy) (FY97)
- Hector Munoz-Avila, Lehigh U. (FY99-01)
- Rosina Weber, Drexel U. (FY00-01)
- Bruce McLaren, CMU (FY03)
- Joshua Summers, Clemson U. (FY03)
- Kurt Fenstermacher
(Bridgewater Associates), then with U. Arizona (FY04)
- Sankar Pal, ISI (Kolkata, India) (FY04)
- Luke McDowell, USNA (FY07-12)
- Gita Sukthankar, U. Central Florida (FY08)
- Edgardo Oliveros, Interamerican University of Puerto Rico (FY11)
- Brendan Morris, UNLV (FY12)
I especially enjoy working with talented post-doctoral researchers, and
have had the pleasure to work with the following outstanding NRC post-docs:
Information on the two programs for which we hire post-docs can be
This includes our preferred vehicle, which is the NRC (Post-Doctoral)
Research Associateship, whose deadlines are Feb 1, May 1, and Aug 1.
If this opportunity interests you and you qualify, please contact
me to discuss this!!
- Bill Murdock, IBM (FY01-03)
- Matthew Klenk, PARC (FY09-FY11)
- David Uthus (FY10-)
- Marc Pickett (FY12-)
Please note that, due to my time constraints, our collaborations
usually must be tied to our funded projects.
This applies to PhD candidates as well as students pursuing their
Master's, Bachelor's (i.e., summer or co-ops), or even high school
degrees. We've hosted many from each category over the years. Recent
visitors have included Jay Powell (Indiana U., STEP 2010), Ryan Rossi
(Purdue U., NREIP 2010), Mark Wilson (Indiana U., NREIP 2011), Bryan
Williams (TJ High School, STEP 2011-2012), and Dustin Dannenhauer
(Lehigh U., STEP 2012).
For information on all student programs, please
Among these, my favorite Program for visiting summer students is
whose deadlines are often in early January. Please don't hestitate to
contact me and apply for these positions.
For more information, please see the following links or
Last updated: February 2013