and Nature's laws lay hid in night: God said, "Let Tesla be", and all was light.
- B.A. Behrend
Nikola Tesla was born "at the stroke of midnight" with lightning striking during a summer storm.
He was born in Smiljani near Gospić, Lika, (the a Military Frontier of Austro-Hungarian Empire, now in Croatia).
The midwife commented, "He'll be a child of the storm," to which his mother replied, "No, of light."
What follows here is a listing of pages about Nikola Tesla and therefore comprise my tribute to a man that was very gifted and talented, and unfortunately, he is all but forgotten and almost completely unacknowledged in the technological field.
Nikola Tesla was "a visionary genius as fertile as any in the modern history of science", and, had Tesla been born today, he would still be ahead of his time.
He would be called a "genius" by some, and a "madman" by others.
Nikola Tesla was the first to blaze the trail for the creation of incredible, world transforming devices that we, in the world of today, take for granted. Tesla invented such things as: radio, the bladeless turbine, wireless communication, fluorescent lighting, the induction motor, a telephone repeater, the rotating magnetic field principle, the poly-phase alternating current system, alternating current power transmission, Tesla Coil transformer, and more than 700 other patents.
Many of Tesla's patents were in the United States, Britain, and Canada, but many other patents were approved in countries around the globe. Like Thomas Edison, his patents were related to or act as improvements on existing technologies. Unlike Edison, Tesla was more the solitary inventor than the research lab director. Tesla's inventions and developments include the induction motor, various devices that use rotating magnetic fields, the alternating current poly-phase power distribution system, the fundamental devices of systems of wireless communication (legal priority for the invention of radio), radio frequency oscillators, devices for voltage magnification by standing waves, robotics, logic gates for secure radio frequency communications, devices for x-rays, devices for ionized gases, devices for high field emission, devices for charged particle beams, voltage multiplication circuitry, devices for high voltage discharges, devices for lightning protection, the bladeless turbine, and VTOL (Vertical Takeoff Or Landing) aircraft. Life® magazine, in a special double-issue, listed NikolaTesla in the "100 Most Important People in the Last 1000 Years". He occupied the 57th position.
Take a trip now through my tribute pages to a man that I will not soon forget...Nikola Tesla!
These pages are local pages.
- A Cordless Future for Electricity?
- Who (Really) Invented Radio?
- A Kansas City Journal-Post newspaper article on Nikola Tesla
- A Hero of Nikola Tesla's (Michael Faraday)
- A Short Tesla Biography
- Another Brief Tesla History
- A Biography of Nikola Tesla
- Tesla's Fuelless Generator
- Tesla's Free Energy Receiver
- Electrifying the Earth
- Interesting Facts about Tesla (updated page)
- Miscellaneous Pictures of Tesla and his "toys"
- Some Tesla inventions
- Spark Gap Technology
- Tesla's Electro-magnetic Motor
- Tesla: the Serbian/American Inventor
- The 100th Anniversary of Radio Transmission
- Bill Beaty's Hand-Drawn Holograms
- Wireless Electricity
- Who Invented what?
- The Strange Life of Nikola Tesla (.PDF File)
- Humanitarian Genius
- Tesla at age 75 (from Time© Magazine)
- Tesla's Ray
Some other great Nikola Tesla related links are:
: The following links below point to web sites
and pages that leave my Nikola Tesla tribute page.
Some of these other web pages may be outdated or may no longer exist...
I have no control or responsibility if the links are dead, gone or just don't exist any longer.
I do try to keep this list updated and clean up old, dead or otherwise non-existent
links, but I may fall behind at times.
You can use your Browser's 'Back' button to return here
after you peruse those pages to return here and read further.
- The Tesla Universe
- Electroherbalism - Nikola Tesla Pages
- Samantha Hunt - Author of "The Invention of Everything Else"
- Tesla Down Under
- Nikola Tesla: Electrical Pioneer
- About.com's Inventors - Nikola Tesla
- Historical Information about Nicola Tesla
- Nikola Tesla: Forgotten American Scientist
- A Small Introduction to Nikola Tesla
- Frank Germano's Nikola Tesla Information Pages
- Discovery Channel's 'Greatest American' ()
- Tesla Memorial Society of New York
- Nikola Tesla - Article on Wikipedia
- Tesla Coils - Article on Wikipedia
- The Tesla Turbine - Article on Wikipedia
- Definition of Nikola Tesla
- Grim Corona's O-zone
- The Life of Nikola Tesla
- 21st Century Books - Nikola Tesla
- Brent's High Voltage Page
- Nikola Tesla: Master of Lightning (PBS)
- Randy Hiatt's Nikola Tesla Page
- Uncle Taz's Nikola Tesla page
- ET Massey's Nikola Tesla page
- Invention of Radio (German Page)
- Kevin Nardelle's High Voltage Page
- Nikola Tesla Page
- Nikola Tesla: Man Out of Time
- Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade
- Nikola Tesla U.S. Patent Collection
- Tesla Engine Builder's Association
- Tesla: The Electric Magician
There will be more pages and items added as I get the
time, chance and information to make the additions.
Back to Main Page
|You are visitor number||since I added this counter.|