Short Generation # 4
1. Rebecca Ann Short; b. 3 Jun 1849 in
Franklin Co., Missouri; m. Silas Nathaniel Green Herrington 26 Dec 1869 in
Jefferson Co., Missouri; d. 9 Jul 1914 in Houston, Texas Co., Missouri, at age
Silas Nathaniel Green Herrington was born on 22 Mar 1841 in Jefferson Co.,
Missouri. He married Jane Beeler on 22 Nov 1860 in Jefferson County Mo, St.
Louis Co., Missouri. He died on 4 Apr 1919 in Piney Township, Houston, Texas
Co., Missouri, at age 78.
Children of Rebecca Ann Short and Silas Nathaniel Green Herrington were as
- 2 i. Dr. Perry Andrew Herrington; b. 23 Oct 1870
in Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; m. Nora Edna Duke 30 Jan 1895 in Texas Co.,
Missouri; m. Frances Margaret Phillips 20 Jan 1914; d. 13 Jun 1960 at age 89.
- 3 ii. Abigail Francis Herrington; b. 12 Jan 1872 in
Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; m. William Edward Palmer 24 Jul 1912; d. 27 Oct
1951 at age 79.
- + 4 iii. Mary Irene Herrington, b. 17
Mar 1873 in Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; m. Erastus Fernando Stroud.
- 5 iv. Silas Green Herrington; b. 3 Sep 1874 in
Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; m. Virda Fourt 20 Mar 1890 in Texas Co., Missouri; d. 29 Mar 1898 at age 23.
- + 6 v. Lucy Rebbeca Jane Herrington, b.
27 Feb 1876 in Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; m. Benfamin Franklin Lemmon; m. Al
- 7 vi. Emily Ann Herrington; b. 10 Jan 1878 in
Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; m. J. J. Chamberlain; d. 30 Jan 1950 at age 72.
- 8 vii. Thomas Erving Herrington; b. 9 Jun 1879 in
Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; d. 10 Aug 1881 at age 2.
- 9 viii. Rose Elizabeth Herrington; b. 4 Apr 1881 in
Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; m. Alfred Lawson Flowers 5 May 1900; d. 17 Aug
1961 at age 80.
- 10 ix. John Lawson Herrington; b. 2 Jul 1882 in
Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; d. 23 Aug 1882.
- 11 x. Henry Laws Herrington; b. 8 Oct 1883 in Morris
Township, Texas Co., Missouri; m. Hattie G. Leavitt.
- 12 xi. Lidia May Herrington; b. 4 Nov 1884 in
Morris Township, Texas Co., Missouri; d. 26 Nov 1884.
- 13 xii. Oscar Lee Herrington; b. 25 May 1886 in
Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; d. 24 Jul 1888 at age 2.
Short Generation # 3
4. Mary Irene Herrington; b. 17 Mar
1873 in Houston, Texas Co., Missouri; m. Erastus Fernando Stroud 15 Oct 1893 in
Texas Co., Missouri; d. 18 Aug 1933 at age 60.
Erastus Fernando Stroud was born on 18 Mar 1859 in Wilson Co., Tennessee.
Children of Mary Irene Herrington and Erastus Fernando Stroud were as follows:
6. Lucy Rebbeca Jane Herrington;
m. Benfamin Franklin Lemmon; m. Al E. Steward.
- 14 i. Lena Blanche Stroud; m. Kenneth Murchison Saunders.
- 15 ii. Cecil Laniski Stroud; m. Grace Black.
- 16 iii. Franklin Erastus Stroud; m. Thelma West.
- 17 iv. Mary Hazel Stroud.
- 18 v. Anna Mildred Stroud; m. George M. Blair.
Benfamin Franklin Lemmon was born circa 1875.
Children of Lucy Rebbeca Jane Herrington and Benfamin Franklin Lemmon were as
- 19 i. Eldon Lemmon; b. circa 1895.
- 20 ii. Alma Lemmon; b. circa 1897.
Bibliography - descendants of Rebecca Ann Short
1870 Texas County, Missouri Federal Census (transcribed) Joan Kinkel.
(Carthage, Missouri: Privately Published).
1880 Texas County, Missouri Federal Census (transcribed) Mildred F. Melton
& Vera Rowe. (Houston, Missouri: Mildred F. Melton, 1990).
Melton, Mildred F., Texas County Marriage Records 1876-1888 Vol I - IV.
Houston, Missouri: Mildred F. Melton, 199x.
Missouri. Jefferson City. Department of Health, Bureau of Vital
Statistics. Certificate of Death.
Missouri. Franklin County. 1850 U.S. census, population schedule.
Micropublication M432, roll 399. Washington DC: National Archives.
Missouri. Franklin County. County Clerks Office. Union. Marriage Records.
Missouri. Franklin County. Wills & Administration, 1860.
Preissle, Edward & Millie, Birth Register. Texas County, Missouri July
1883-March 1890 Book one & two. Houston, Missouri: Texas County Missouri
Genealogical and Historical Society, 1983.
Rachel Donelson Chapter - Daughters of the American Revolution.Cemetery
Records Texas County, Missouri Volume III. n.p.: n.pub., 1978-1979.
Researchers with Genealogical Interest in
Rebecca Ann Short
great grand-nephew via subject's half brother, Julius Eli Short....
a short description of your relationship or interest
The purpose of this list is to help researchers find other researchers with similar genealogical interests.
If you wish to be included in this listed, please send your name, email address and state your relationship with the subject or reason for your interest. A link to your website can also be provided.
Questions, comments, corrections and new information are welcome.
Doug Short .... email@example.com
Last Revised: November 23, 2001