Short Generation # 7
1. Moses Short; b. 13 Aug 1764 in
Guilford Co., North Carolina; m. Margaret Short, daughter of Moses Short and
Margaret Nicks; d. 6 Jan 1834 at age 69.
Margaret Short was born on 4 Jun 1763. She died on 1 Nov 1833 at age 70.
Children of Moses Short and Margaret Short were as follows:
- + 2 i. Enos Short, b. 19 Nov 1788;
m. Anny D. Majors.
- 3 ii. Sally Short; b. Jan 1791.
- 4 iii. Nancy Short; b. 29 Oct 1795; d. 6 Dec 1834
at age 39.
- 5 iv. William O. Short; b. 8 Jul 1798.
- 6 v. Jonathan Short; b. 25 Jan 1801; d. 1 Nov 1833
at age 32.
- 7 vi. Moses A. Short; b. 9 Jun 1805; d. 11 Sep 1848
at age 43.
Short Generation # 6
2. Enos Short; b. 19 Nov 1788; m.
Anny D. Majors 22 Nov 1808; d. 13 Jan 1838 at age 49.
Anny D. Majors was born on 20 Jun 1793. She died on 19 Aug 1869 at age 76.
Children of Enos Short and Anny D. Majors were as follows:
- 8 i. John M. Short; b. 26 Nov 1809; d. 2 Apr
1835 at age 25.
- 9 ii. Hulda L. Short; b. 15 Sep 1811.
- + 10 iii. Harris Mumford Short, b. 1
Sep 1816; m. Naomia Gilliam.
Short Generation # 5
10. Harris Mumford Short; b. 1 Sep
1816; m. Naomia Gilliam; d. 10 Apr 1901 at age 84.
Children of Harris Mumford Short and Naomia Gilliam were:
- 11 i. John Hamilton Short; b. 22 Sep 1836; d.
Mar 1923 at age 86.
Bibliography - Descendants of Moses Short
Neel, Eurie Pearl Wilford. The Wilford-Williford Family Treks into
America. Nashville, Tennessee: Rich Printing Company, 1959.
North Carolina. Guilford County. North Carolina State Archive Library,
Raliegh. Deed Records.
North Carolina. Rockingham County. 1800 U.S. census. Micropublication M32,
roll 32. Washington DC: National Archives.
North Carolina. Rockingham County. North Carolina State Archive Library,
Researchers with Genealogical Interest in
4th great grand-nephew via subject's brother, Samuel Short....
a short description of your relationship or interest
The purpose of this list is to help researchers find other researchers with similar genealogical interests.
If you wish to be included in this listed, please send your name, email address and state your relationship with the subject or reason for your interest. An optional link to your website can also be provided by sending the site URL (address).
Questions, comments, corrections and new information are welcome.
Doug Short .... firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Revised: December 12, 2001