- Problem #117 - Posted Thursday, May 10, 2001 #
- The Kissing Circles (back
- Inside the
(orange) unit circle we
fit two blue circles of radius 1/2.
- a) The yellow circle is tangent
to the two blue circles and the
- inner edge of the orange
circle. What is its radius, a?
- b*) The green circle is tangent
to one of the blue circles, the
- yellow circle, and the orange
circle. What's its radius, b?
- c*) If the orange circle
is centered at (0, 0) what are the coords
- of the centers of the four
inner circles? (The blue ones are
- * You can enter even if you just answer
part a); keep resubmissions to a minimum
- # You can still earn a point for answering
this while this sentence is here!