| info | meet dan
| lessons | matica
| prob of wk | dvc
- dansmath > comments page
- These are actual
comments from actual visitors and fans of my site.
- The $ background means comments
like these from you guys are my 'pay'!
- Unspellchecked for authenticity!
Some names (in " ") were changed.
- Or try the more mathematical questions and answers page.
- Hi, Dan - I am a senior citizen going back to
school after 45yrs. I am taking algebra
- classes. I completed 306 Math-but
I am on my 3rd semester repeating Math 308 I can't
seem to get the concept down pat to pass the cource.I ran across
your web page by
sheer coincidence to find out how plain you make the subject.
Clicked over to your
- picture to see this little
guy with all this info inside the head with the funny glasses
- and the messed up hair-do I
was surprised. But thank you for the help I had
- begun to think ther was no
hope for me and math. Bless you.
- ps. I am still watching your
page. "Nancy", May 2001
- Hello there Dan the Math
Man! i would like to take this
moment to say THANK
YOU! you definetely were able to help clear up my confusion and
convey to me
a fuller understanding of the purpose of the "function".
For the most part
there existence has become clear to me with a few exceptions.
for now i will
bug my algebra teacher but in the case that that plan of attack
fails it's sure
- is nice to know that i have
other resources available to me (ie. DAN THE
MATH MAN) bye the way i definetely will let the other students
in my classes
know that if they are stuck they can look you up!!! thenks again!!!!!
mike, Feb. 2001
- i am in a situation that calls for me to home school my son. i can
afford the states home school program. i have always had a great
- for teachers, but since i have
had to teach my son myself my appreciation has
- doubled. you have a very important
job i am glad to see that you care enough
- to post such help on the net
Thank you, - "Holly", Dec. 2000
- Dan: If more instructors
taught math with the same insight
and humor as you
- do ... they'd all be walking
around with your name...no, seriously, there'd be a big
- improvement in math literacy.
Thanks for you site.
- PS. I love your motto. The
bad news is I've not attached any e-cash to this mail;
- the good news is that I expect
no response. - Aslam, Dec. 2000
- (The motto: "Send money
or expect delays" - Dan.)
- Dear Mr Dan, I would like to thank you very much for helping
me. I did my
- outcome this morning and the
questions relating to the accuracy of Euler's
- Method was worth 30% of the
test! This is the first time I have asked for help
- on the Internet, and so far
I am very impressed! Once again thankyou very much!
- I hope you get well soon! Cung,
- Dan, Great site! I never understood the order of operations
before until now
- (I've been out of high school
since 1972). I know it is such a little thing to be happy
- about, but just to be able
to understand that concept has given me more confidence and
- the desire to move forward
in the area of higher mathematics. Thank you!
- I do have a question about
your site. Are you going to provide worksheets/quizzes,
- including the answers? I would
find it to be helpful, as it would give me the chance to
- try out my newly acquired skills.
If not, would you refer me to another site that offers
- them or math books? Again,
thanks! I will continue to visit your site often. Jan, June
- Dan, thank
you so much for responding. This is a big help and I really
- appreciate it. Math I find
can be very confusing at times but I really enjoy it.
- Thank you, Jim, April 2000
- Subject: You da' Man Dan
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000
- From: ***@aol.com
You helped me a lot! -- Thank You
- Hi Dan! I have visited a few times before, and I enjoy
- I am in Math ** and struggling
all the way. I would LOVE to see some
- information on how to use the
Ti83Plus Graphing Calculator. Also appreciated,
- would be steps for factoring.
I may have missed this on your site, if it is
already there. Meanwhile, keep up the good work. I do not really
Math, but I have to learn it because I want to become a Computer
Programmer. When you find a web site such as yours that does
intimidating, then it makes it a little more palitable for a
- Thanks! T. R. Mar. 2000
- Subject: Stay home mom goes
Hi. I just wanted to thank you for
this site. I'm taking Math
- 116, 121, 122 in the next three
semesters and I have been stressing
- out about it. I've put them
off this far but now I have to take them.
- I'm glad I'll be able to get
my questions answered at this site.
- When are you going to start
charging? (Please not anytime soon, I'm poor. :)
- I happened upon this site by
accident. I was looking for the composer and
found the mathematician. Lucky me. Please keep up the good work
for a while.
Strange as it may seem, I would actually like to understand math
but so few
can teach it to me for some strange reason. (I use the right
side of my brain
way too much and end up making faces with the numbers.) Whatever.
found you. ***@aol.com, Feb. 2000
- Dear EarthLink member: According to the Terms and Conditions on the
- your personal web site, each
member web site is entitled to ** MB (megabytes) of
- traffic per month. This message
is being sent to warn you that your web site has just
- exceeded 75% of your traffic
allotment. Please take steps
now to reduce this traffic.
- I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help with the exponent
I worked it the way I told you I was and got the same answer,
but since we
are working with logs, your way is how I should do it. It certainly
- nice of you to do this for
free. I will pass your site on to my friends.
- Thank you again and again and
again...! Karen, Nov. 1999
- hi dan, i'm researching
distance ed for my comps quesitons
and was checking out
- your site. may i make a suggestion?
the background of notebook paper is kinda cute,
- but since the words don't line
up, it makes it harder to read - the visual literacy part
- of education.... just a thought.
jacke, July 1999 (p.s. fixed
in Aug. 1999 - Dan)
- Hi Mr D. I'm in your algebra
class and i'm just checkin out
your website. Pretty cool
- job you did, i'm very impressed!
I don't have any questions. I just wanted to thank you
- for making my math life easier
w/ this website. =) Amber, Sept. 1998
- This site maintained by B
& L Web Design, a division of B & L Math Enterprises.