Classic EPT Professional Spells
Production of Light:
This spell produces a soft radiance with a radius of 30 feet in the Underworld. It can be produced once per day and lasts ten turns.
This warns the user of hostile alignments inherent in objects, adjoining rooms, etc. It does not work when used on persons or creatures, and it does not indicate the exact type of danger. It lasts two turns, and is usable only once a day.
Cure Light Wounds:
This restores 1-6 points of lost hit dice points to any being. A 6-sides die is rolled to determine the number of points restored to the character. It is usable only once per day.
The user can detect the thoughts of living beings in adjoining rooms. It operates up to a distance of 20 feet. And lasts two turns. It can be used three times a day.
This makes it possible for a character to communicate telepathically with another character and for that character to reply. It works over a distance of 240 feet. It can be used once a day and lasts one turn.
Protection from Good/Evil:
This creates a ten-foot circle of protection around the user. It can't be penetrated by undead. It adds +1 to all saving throws and it takes away -2 points from the damage done by an attacker. It lasts three turns and can be used only once a day.
Cure Serious Wounds:
This spell restores two 6-sided dice of lost hit points. It can be used only once per day.
1-6 persons (including intelligent non-humans, but not animals, Underworld creatures, automatons, etc.) can be brought under the user's control for 3 turns. A saving throws against spells is permitted. There is NO possibility of the spell operating against a person of greater than seventh level. It can be used only once a day and it has a maximum range of 50 feet.
This spell takes away curses from objects, changes the alignment of swords and other magical weapons, restores magically changed beings and objects to their proper forms. Restores beings driven mad by magic or certain Underworld creatures to sanity. Usable upon one person or object only and only once per day.
Depending on the character's constitution, this spell restores one slain human of intelligent non-human to life. A newly revived being cannot engage in fighting for a period of one week. This spell must be used within one week of the being's death, otherwise they cannot be revived, usable once a week by persons of eighth level or below and usable once a day by those above eighth level.
Magic User / Sorcerer
Control of Self:
The user can control their own body, e.g. hold their breath indefinitely, stop their heartbeat, hold some object with an iron grip for a long period of time, enter into a trance, have total memory recall, seal their ears, etc. They cannot perform actions impossible for a body, e.g. extend their arms twenty feet. This spell can be broken, but only by very powerful magic or strength. A person or being of nine or more hit dice can break the grip of a person using this spell. This is usable twice a day.
Limited illusions can be created. These have a 60% chance of being believed by a non-intelligent creature and a 40% chance of being believed by intelligent and semi-intelligent ones. Damage taken from an illusion which is believed is treated as actual damage. The illusion is limited to the user only. It is usable once a day and has a duration of three turns.
The user can hear what is happening in an adjoining room. Range 20 feet. Duration is two turns and usable three times a day.
This picks up a picture of an adjoining room. Range 20 feet. . Duration is two turns and usable three times a day.
The user can move solid objects through the air or water. The weight of the object and the distance depend on the user's experience level. A first level user can move an ounce 10 feet, a third level user can move three ounces 30 feet, a fifth level user can move five ounces 50 feet, etc. Objects telekinesed can be moved fast enough to stun an unarmored man, but not so fast as to penetrate his skull. One may thus stun an opponent, but not kill him. Edged weapons or missiles cannot be transported by this spell. It can be done twice a day.
This is not "magic" at all but rather a means of discovering the character, motives, etc. of a being through the positions and influences of the sun, four planets, and two moons of Tekumel. Such a horoscope takes one full turn to construct, and the user must have the proper instruments (an astrolabe), and reference books with them. This horoscope is infallible It may also predict short distances into the future: one turn, 70% accuracy; two turns 50%, three turns 30%, etc. This is usable repeatedly.
The user can speak to the dead, to spirits, and to distant living beings (over five miles away) to gain information and guidance. Usable three times a day.
The actions of 1-12 (roll a D12) animals or plants can be controled for three turns. Non-human races, creatures of the Underworld, and the undead are excluded. Usable once a day, this spell has a range of 50 feet. Animals may make a saving throw against this spell.
1-12 (roll a D12) undead beings can be controlled for six turns. A saving throw is permitted for any undead creature with more than 3 hit dice. This is usable once a day at a maximum range of 30 feet. It is also possible to create a "zombie" from a dead being. This creature obeys it's makers orders for six turns and then returns to inanimate condition.
Control Underworld Creatures:
1-6 creatures of the Underworld can be brought under control for 6 turns. This spell does not work upon humans or intelligent non-humans, or the undead. A saving throw is permitted for any creature with over 3 hit dice. This spell is usable once a day and has a maximum range of 30 feet.