"YES" OR "NO" --- THE GUIDE TO BETTER DECISIONS --- A STORY
by Spencer Johnson. HarperCollins Publishers, 1991
1) From confusion to clarity (p1-9)
2) A better system (p10-15)
3) The real need (p16-26)
4) Informed options (p27-37)
5) Better results (p38-48)
6) Halfway there (p49-58)
7) My integrity (p59-71)
8) My intuition (p72-82)
9) My insight (p83-92)
10) A review (p93-95)
11) The "MAP" --- to better decisions (p96)
 My three practical questions:
(1) Am I pursuing the REAL NEED?
 My three private questions:
(2) Am I informed of MY OPTIONS?
(3) Have I thought this through to a BETTER RESULT?
(1) Am I really TELLING MYSELF THE TRUTH?
 The decision making process:
(2) Does this decision REALLY FEEL RIGHT to me?
(3) Do my actions show I BELIEVE I DESERVE BETTER?
(1) If all six answers are "YES" I proceed.
 My eight assumptions about my decisions:
(2) If any answer is "NO" I rethink my decision!
(3) I can ask myself ALL SIX QUESTIONS again and decide whether I would like to change my decision.
(1) My BAD DECISIONS are based on ILLUSIONS I believe. My BETTER DECISIONS are based on REALITIES I recognize!
12) In use (p97-99)
(2) I can STOP A BAD DECISION in order to make a BETTER DECISION!
(3) I can use my BRAIN to ask probing questions and my HEART to find better answers!
(4) My decisions reveal my BELIEFS about my integrity, my intuition, and myself!
(5) Once I see the TRUTH, I can make a BETTER DECISION!
(6) My FEELINGS often forecast my RESULTS!
(7) I get RESULTS I really BELIEVE I DESERVE!
(8) We are EACH OUR OWN GUIDE to better decisions. And we can HELP OTHERS discover this FACT for themselves!
13) The personal guide (p100-102)
END NOTE (p103)
We are each our own guide to better decisions. And we can help others discover this for themselves!
Go to: Achievement Issue at Work
Go to: Brainpower Issue at Work
Go to: Change Issue at Work
Go to: Character Issue at Work
Go to: Creativity Issue at Work
Go to: Feelings Issue at Work
Go to: Motivation Issue at Work
Go to: Performance Issue at Work
Go to: Success Issue at Work
Go to: Time Management Issue at Work
Go to: Leadership Control Essay
Go to: Home Page Index
Go to: Interactive Index