THINKING FOR A CHANGE --- 11 WAYS HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE APPROACH LIFE AND WORK by John C. Maxwell. Warner Books, 2003
FORETHOUGHT --- The difference that really makes a difference! (pxiii-xv)
THOUGHTS ABOUT THINKING --- Five thoughts about thinking! (pxviii)
 Everything begins with a thought --- "Life consists of what a man is thinking about all day!" Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson
PART 1 --- CHANGE YOUR THINKING AND CHANGE YOUR LIFE (p1-55)
 What we think determines who we are. Who we are determines what we do! --- "The actions of men are the best interpreters of their thoughts." Quote by John Locke
 Our thoughts determine our destiny. Our destiny determines our legacy. --- "You are today where your thoughts have brought you. You will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you." Quote by James Allen
 People who go to the top think differently than others. --- "Nothing limits achievement like small thinking. Nothing expands possibilities like unleashed thinking! Quote by William Arthur Ward
 We can change the way we think! --- "Whatever things are true...noble...just...pure...lovely...are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy --- think on these things! Quote by Paul the Apostle in the Holy Bible
1) Understand the value of good thinking! (p3-19)
PART 2 --- ELEVEN THINKING SKILLS EVERY SUCCESSUL PERSON NEEDS (p57-252)
 A different way to think (p3-5)
2) Realize the impact of changed thinking (p21-36)
Changing from negative to positive thinking is not always easy, especially if you have a difficult time with change. For some, it is a life-long struggle. Most people's NUMBER ONE CHALLENGE regarding making positive personal changes is THEIR FEELINGS!
 Who will change your mind? (p5-6)
They may want to change, but they do not know how to get past their emotions! But there is a way to do it. Take a look at the TRUTH contained in the following syllogism:
MAJOR PREMISE = I can control my thoughts.
MINOR PREMISE = My feelings come from my thoughts.
CONCLUSION = I can control my feelings by controlling my thoughts!
 Why you should embrace the value of good thinking. (p6-14)
(1) Good thinking creates the foundation for good results! (p7-11)
 Portrait of a good thinker --- 11 thinking skills required for achieving great things! (p14-15)
(2) Good thinking increases your potential! (p11-12)
(3) Good thinking produces more good thinking --- IF YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN!
(1) Seeing the wisdom of "big picture" thinking
This book does NOT try to tell you WHAT TO THINK --- but the book does attempt to teach you HOW TO THINK!
(2) Unleashing the potential of "focused" thinking
(3) Discovering the joy of "creative" thinking
(4) Recognizing the importance of "realistic" thinking
(5) Releasing the power of "strategic" thinking
(6) Feeling the energy of "possibility" thinking
(7) Embracing the lessons of "reflective" thinking
(8) Questioning the acceptance of "popular" thinking
(9) Encouraging the participation of "shared" thinking
(10) Experiencing the satisfaction of "unselfish" thinking
(11) Enjoying the return of "bottom-line" thinking
You can learn to develop each of these 11 kinds of thinking and become a MASTER THINKER --- so your life will change the way you want it to! (p15)
 Advice from a good thinker (p15-18)
 THINKING QUESTION --- Do I believe that good thinking can change my life?
3) Master the process of intentional thinking (p37-56)
SKILL 1 --- Seeing the wisdom of "big picture" thinking (p59-76)
SKILL 2 --- Unleashing the potential of "focused" thinking
SKILL 3 --- Discovering the joy of "creative" thinking
SKILL 4 --- Recognizing the importance of "realistic" thinking
SKILL 5 --- Releasing the power of "strategic" thinking
SKILL 6 --- Feeling the energy of "possibility" thinking
SKILL 7 --- Embracing the lessons of "reflective" thinking
SKILL 8 --- Questioning the acceptance of "popular" thinking
SKILL 9 --- Encouraging the participation of "shared" thinking
SKILL 10 --- Experiencing the satisfaction of "unselfish" thinking
SKILL 11 --- Enjoying the return of "bottom-line" thinking
WEB SITE ADDRESS --- This web site has been designed to enhance and complete your learning experience. You can take the FREE interactive assessment inventory developed by the INJOY Group of the author.
Go to: Brainpower Issue at Work
Go to: Creativity Issue at Work
Go to: Feelings Issue at Work
Go to: Success Issue at Work
Go to: Leadership Control Essay
Go to: Home Page Index
Go to: Interactive Index