DO LUNCH OR BE LUNCH --- THE POWER OF PREDICTABILITY IN CREATING YOUR FUTURE Howard H. Stevenson. Harvard Business School Press, 1998
1) Predictability--the good, the bad and the ugly
2) Predictability important? Says who?
3) Where prediction and predictability live
4) Variety vs. Predictability
5) Predictability in the past
6) How hard is prediction?
7) Acting to make the future happen
8) You, me and agreement
9) The technology of agreement
10) Society and unpredictability
11) Lone wolves and team players
12) the question--three standards for words and deeds necessary for building mutual predictability
= clarity, consistency and competence (p223-226)
In reality...I am not alone since I have to work with others in all of life's complicated endeavors.
When I am faced with an important decision, with implications far into a future that I will necessarily share with others, I have to ask: "Am I making life more or less predictable for those who must depend on me, and on whom I must depend?