The Malibu Lions Club Lions Club International, Founded 1948
The Malibu Lions Club prides itself in conducting unusually friendly meetings while pursuing the Lion's International goals of care for the sight impaired and service to our local communities. Our support for Guide Dogs of' America has provided valued dogs for the blind. We are now supporting our fourth guide dog and we intend to continue this rewarding program. We host a hot-dog and ice cream lunch each Christmas for needy children from a school in central Los Angeles. Many of the kids get to see the ocean for the first time. Santa Claus also makes an appearance with a bag full of great toys. Our prime fund raising event is the annual Malibu Marketplace held on the last weekend of September. Visitors enjoy the fresh beach air, search for bargains at the marketplace, enjoy good food, and spot an occasional movie star or TV personality in the crowd. Join us this year for a fun day and support the Lion's Club of Malibu, California.
Meetings: 1st & 3rd Wednesday, 7:30 PM
21150 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265
President: Dave Danner -
(818) 681-0853 cell
Join us at this year's Lion Marketplace
September 29, 2013
This one day special event is famous for attracting the local Malibu residents as well as visitors from Santa Monica and the San Fernando Valley. The Breakfast Wagon will open at 8:00 for you early birds. Food will be available all day long. You can't miss this one.......
This year's Malibu Lion's Club Flea Marketplace is rapidly shaping up to be better than ever. If you are a vendor who would like to participate in this famous event, give us a call.
Malibu Lions Club Annual Marketplace
Sunday of the last full weekend in September
At The Malibu Civic Center, 23555 Civic Center Way, Malibu, CA 90265
Selling Hours: 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Rain or Shine
Ample parking adjoining Marketplace grounds (Free Parking for Vendors)
SPECIFICATIONS: (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
1) SPACES will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Space area is approximately 10 x 16 feet (A standard Parking space) End spaces are 16’ x 10’ x 15’ and cost more. Lions Marketplace committee assigns spaces. Locations will not be changed.
2) APPLICATIONS will be mailed first to last year vendors. ALL RESERVED SPACES MUST BE PAID FOR NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 1st. For new vendors no space confirmations will be send before August 21st. Confirmations will be sent on the 1st and 3rd weekends of every month.
3) SET-UP TIME will be between 6:00 and 8:30 AM. All vehicles must leave from exhibition area by 8:30 AM. No vehicles parked in spaces. NO SELLING FROM VEHICLES. Vendors will comply with the uniformed volunteers in charge of parking. NO SELLING AFTER 4:00 PM. No Exceptions in order to clear parking lot.
4) NO PROVISION will be made for inclement weather. Vendors must provide their own electrical power if needed. POWER SOURCE MUST BE QUIET AND EMIT LOW FUMES.
5) TYPE OF MERCHANDISE can be Antiques, Collectibles, Arts & Crafts, Plants, Jewelry, New Merchandise NO JUNK or FOOD!
6) ENTRY FEES for Regular Spaces are $125.00 and more for corner spaces.
7) CLOSING DATE for entries must be received by SEPTEMBER 1st. Personal checks will be accepted until AUGUST 1st.. MONEY ORDERS or CASH ONLY thereafter until the closing date. NO EXCEPTIONS..
8) INQUIRIES & REMITTANCE to Malibu Lions Club
SEND THE FOLLOWING PART OF PAGE WITH CHECK OR MONEY ORDER,
checks payable to: Malibu Lions Club P.O. Box 591 Malibu, CA 90265
ENCLOSE A STAMPED, SELF ADDRESSED #10 ENVELOPE
(4” X 9 1/2”) for our reply and confirmation of your space or NO CONFIRMATION
WILL BE SENT BACK. [ ] Check here
for confirmation by e-mail (no envelope necessary)
Name: _____________________________________________________ Phone: _____________________
Address: _________________________________________ City: ______________ Zip: ___________
E-mail Address: ____________________________________
I want (#) _____ Spaces in the Malibu Marketplace, Sunday, September 29, 2013. I have enclosed $125.00/ or more, per space reserved unless prior arrangement for corner space.
I will be selling __________________________________________________________(Type of merchandise)
I agree NOT to sell or display junk, unapproved new merchandise (unless handcrafted by me), food without permits and acknowledge that doing so will be grounds for dismissal from the market WITHOUT REFUND. I also understand there will be no refund on spaces cancelled after September 1st. No spaces may be transferred and there are no rain check dates.
I release management (Malibu Lions Club) and property
owners (Los Angeles County and City of Malibu from all responsibility of
injury, loss, damage or theft of merchandise under any circumstances, I agree
to abide by the rules of the Malibu Lions Club.
SIGNATURE (Required) ______________________________________________________________________ Date / /
Don’t Forget: to SEND A SELF ADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPE WITH REMITTANCE FOR NON-E-MAIL CONFIRMATION
SPACE(S) RENTED LAST YEAR= _______________ NEW VENDOR _________________(yes/no)