Welcome to

August Bernard Barthle; Oct 08, 1908 - Nov 11, 1984; married Sept 06, 1935 to
Agnes Olive Mary Carlson; Oct 15, 1911 - Apr 07, 1994, they had six daughters and three sons.
Their first daughter was named Margaret Katherine "Margie" Barthle; She was born Jan 13, 1937
Their first son was named James Michael "Jim" Barthle; He was born May 15, 1939 - May 09, 1974
Their second daughter was named Joan Agnes Barthle; She was born Nov 10, 1940 - Jul 13, 1995
Their third daughter was named Constance Mary "Connie" Barthle; She was born Oct 07, 1942
Their second son was also named Daniel August "Dan" Barthle; He was born Jun 09, 1944
Their fourth daughter was named Lucinda Ann "Cinda" Barthle; She was born Jan 21, 1948
Their fifth daughter was named Imelda Suzette "Melda" Barthle; She was born Jun 17, 1949
Their sixth daughter was named Monica Rose Barthle; She was born Sept 01, 1951
Their third son was named Ralph John Barthle; He was born Jan 12, 1955

BARTHLE FAMILY -family tree INDEX (A list of the names) for DESCENDANTS click here
The life of August Bernard Barthle
(The first son of John & Anna Barthle)

" Memories "
This is what Brian Petters worte in an email to Mike his brother in October 2011:

" I guess my most vivid memory of building the church was the day that we put up the bells.  Uncle Jim had volunteered to put them up, since he had the dragline and had already put up the gables.  So the original bell from the old church and another bell that Fr. Paul had somehow found were taken to his shop.  There they sat that tragic day that he died.  Several weeks before the dedication, Grandpa was thinking about those bells and got with Roger to get them.  Jim apparently had conceived some type of automatic ringing device that used electrical motors to swing the bells, but his plans weren't completed.  Additionally, the only way that Grandpa could figure out to follow Jim's plan would not fit into the space that was already allotted for the whole assembly.  So, working now in Dad's shop, he set about redesigning the ringing mechanism.  He moved both wheels to the same side and strung a single rope through.  Truly a signature August Barthle solution--simple, effective and reliable.  In fact, his solution gave the bells a unique rhythm that I often think about when thinking of home.  

He finished the bells the week before the dedication, and he and Dad decided to put them up on that Saturday. Using one of the old picking trucks with the lift box that filled the fruit trailers, he and dad, with others I do not recall, lifted those bells to the tower and installed them, where they remain to this day.  Considering the height, the fact that their work area was the open side gate of the truck's fruit bin, and that an irresponsible kid named Brian was around, it was not exactly an operation that would be approved by OSHA. They hadn't figured out what to do with the rope yet, so they just dropped it down the side of the church. (Later, a small hole was drilled in the roof, so the rope could be inside the church, next to the urinal in the men's room.)  I served at the dedication mass, and I still remember the opening where we were all outside and one of the altar boys (I don't remember who) rang the bells for the first official time. "