Student Lab Writeup Page 4
Graph D2: Rate of reaction (maltose produced in 10 min.) versus
temperature. Prepare a graph of the amount of maltose versus
increasing temperature using samples D1, D4, and D5.
Carefully examine your experimental data plotted on the graphs and
then answer the following questions.
- Describe the effect of increasing enzyme concentration on rate
of amylase reaction.
- Why should the absorbance found in the control tubes (#A1, B1,
and C1) be the same in each case? If they do not share the same
- Describe the effect of changing pH on the rate of the amylase
reaction, and explain why the enzyme should be affected.
- Changing substrate concentration (amylopectin) had the
following effect(s) on the rate of reaction catalyzed by amylase:
- Did low and high temperatures have the same reversible effects
on regulating the rate of reaction catalyzed by amylase?
- Explain why changing the temperature can produce a change in
the rate of product formation.
Go to page