Spinal Cord Injury Page
The following list contains nine items with links to sites containing information related to spinal cord injury and paralysis.
- Access-Able Travel Here you will find a wonderful database for travel. It includes Travel Tips; Forums and BBS; Travel Agents; TTY and Relay
Page; Accessible accommodations, transportation, equipment repair, rentals, and
more; Organizations; Publications; Travel and Disability Links;
- The National Spinal Cord Injury Association is a site with extensive information. It has three basic goals:
1) the development of regional systems of comprehensive and integrated care, treatment, rehabilitation, and community living.
2) supporting and promoting research aimed at improving care for persons with spinal cord injury and developing a cure for spinal cord injury and disease.
3) pursuit of the resolution of issues related to the everyday lives of paraplegics and quadriplegics. Problem areas include access, housing, transportation, employment, and leisure.
- New Mobility Magazine is an online resource for Disability Culture and Lifestyle. It is a tremendous research and communication tool for anyone with an interest in disability issues.
- PeerZone includes a program that provides an opportunity to meet and talk with others who share similar experiences and circumstances. Those with SCI, family, and friends. There is also event information and links.
- PVA In Pursuit began as a quarterly show on ESPN in 1994. The following year the show won the Easter Seals Society Grand EDI Award for its media efforts to promote equality, dignity and independence for people with disabilities. After seeing the show win this prestigious award and receive widespread critical acclaim, ESPN asked that PVA In Pursuit be developed into a monthly series. PVA In Pursuit did go monthly in 1997 and has continued on that schedule since. PVA In Pursuit is the only natonal television series dedicated to athletes with disabilities.
Check it out for schedules and further details.
- SCI-INFO-PAGES An informative resource for those dealing with spinal cord injury and other disabling injuries or diseases of the spine. It is meant to be a "best of the
web" site for SCI health information. It is very deep with resource information.
- Spina Bifida Association serves adults and children who live with the challenges of Spina Bifida. Its tools are education, advocacy, research, and service.
- Spinal Cord Injury Information Network provides a comprehensive and organized source of Spinal Cord Injury Information and Resources from recognized centers, organizations, researchers and educators. Promotes interaction among individuals with SCI, researchers and others. And offers link to other disability-related Web sites
- The Spinal Cord Injury Network International (SCINI) is located in Santa Rosa, CA. It was was developed in 1986 to meet the needs experienced by spinal cord injured individuals and their families. Responding to these needs with information and referral services is the purpose of SCINI. There is a
Monthly Health Focus Area, and an extremely extensive links list to be found.
Return to Home Page