David K. James -- LinkCenter -- Patent Abuse Cases
20040127 GOOD NEWS! "Judge Torpedoes Dead Inventor's Patent Claims"
Al Gore is not the only one to claim the Internet -- Here are more examples, characterized by abuse of the patent system ...
"Hall of Shame"
- Patent Prescription A radical cure for the ailing U.S. patent system (20041209)
- FFII: Software Patents in Europe
- The software patent mess keeps growing (20041201)
- Multiple Evils Noted on a Single Page
- International e-commerce is patented. (No, really!) "Patent nuisance travels across the Tasman"
- Fight the Patent People organizing to defeat the patent mentioned in the previous line.
- SBC claims site buttons!
- Acacia Research "All the methods we have looked at for streaming audio and video over the Internet are covered by our patents."
- [patent 5,933,841] Didn't we get rid of this problem when BT lost their case?
- Stand UP against 1-click and other nonsensical patents
- 6,525,747 -- "Method and system for conducting a discussion relating to an item" filed February 25, 2003
- Every E-Commerce Site is Threatened [PANIP CASE]
- Nightmare on E-commerce Street [PANIP CASE]
- Patents out of control? (USA Today 20040113) [PANIP CASE]
- 5,715,314 -- "Network sales system" filed October 24, 1994
- 5,724,424 -- "Digital active advertising" filed November 29, 1995
Patents were not meant to prevent obvious uses of technology. Read and decide. Then I urge you to help.
(See NoPatentAbuse.com for more information.)
For silly patents, see Patently Silly
Last updated 20080125