The 67th Armored Field Artillery Battalion, which normally
supported Combat Command "A" in action, was led throughout
the five western campaigns by Lt. Colonel Edward S. Berry, a
graduate of West Point and the Field Artillery School at Fort
Sill, Oklahoma. Colonel Berry, one time commander of the
54th Armored Field Artillery Battalion, brought his mobile
105mm self propelled guns ashore on Omaha Beach, Normandy,
with other units of the 3rd Armored Division, on June 24,
1944. He went into action almost immediately and the men of
the 67th were rarely out of shooting range of the enemy from
that time until final victory.
The 67th Armored Field Artillery Battalion is a direct offspring of the 2nd Armored Division's old 14th Armored Field Artillery Regiment, which supplied a cadre of 51 officers and 299 enlisted men to the original 67th Field Artillery Regiment, activated at Camp Beauregard, Louisiana, on April 15, 1941. Later, the regiment was split to form the present 67th and 391st Armored Field Artillery Battalions.
Click Here For 67 Home Ppage