now in stock!
secrets of comics, manga, and graphic novels
by Scott McCloud
Here's what Mr. McCloud has to say about
his forthcoming work:
you’ve ever felt there must be something more to making comics than
just copying drawing styles then this is the book for you.
Making Comics, I’ll do my best
to cover the storytelling secrets I don’t see any other books talking
- Choosing the right moments to make into
panels; what to include, what to leave out.
- Framing actions and guiding the reader’s
- Choosing words and images that
- Creating varied and compelling
characters with inner lives and unforgettable appearances.
- Understanding body language and facial
- Creating rich, believable worlds for
your readers to explore.
- Picking the tools that are right for
you, and understanding how those tools evolved.
- Navigating the vast world of comics
styles and genres.
you want to draw graphic novels, superheroes, neo-manga, comic strips
or webcomics, you’re going to be putting one picture after another to
tell a story. This is the book where I'll do my best to show you how."
Here's a page that features more
by McCloud on Making Comics,
and that includes a few preview pages (click on the images to
retail price - $22.95
current as of 28 October 2006