Spiral Inductor References
Updated 27 February 2003
- Bryan, H.E., "Printed Inductors and Capacitors," Tele-Tech & Electronic Industries," Dec 1955, pp. 68-69, 120-124.
- Caulton, M. and W.E. Poole, "Designing Lumped Elements into Microwave Amplifiers," Electronics, 14 Apr 1969, pp. 100-110.
- Daly, D.A., S.P. Knight, M. Caulton, and R. Ekholdt, "Lumped Elements in Microwave Integrated Circuits," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. MTT-15, No. 12, Dec 1967, pp. 713-718.
- Dill, H.G., "Designing Inductors for Thin-Film Applications?" Electronics Design News, 17 Feb 1964, pp. 52-56.
- Greenhouse, H.M., "Design of Planar Rectangular Microelectronic Inductors," IEEE Transactions on Parts, Hybrids, and Packaging, Vol. PHP-10, No. 2, Jun 1974, pp. 101-109.
- Heinrich, W., H. Zscheile, W. Bischof, R. Keller, and R. Lohrmann, "MMIC Spiral Inductor Modeling," Microwave Journal, May 1996, pp. 286-290.
- Hejazi, Z.M., P.S. Excell, and Z. Jiang, "Accurate Distributed Inductance of Spiral Resonators," IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, Vol. 8, No, 4, Apr 1998, pp. 164-166.
- Inui, O. and J. Nagai, "Miniaturization of Wide-Band VHF Filters by Using Spiral Resonators," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 67, No. 1, Jan 1979, pp. 20-24.
- Jandzinski, D.A., J.W. Stafford, and P.M. Huang, "Multilayer PTFE Circuits for RF Applications," Microwave Journal, May 1996, pp. 264-273.
- Jiang, Z., P.S. Excell, and Z.M. Hejazi, "Calculation of Distributed Capacitances of Spiral Resonators," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques,Vol. 45, No. 1, Jan 1997, pp. 139-142.
- Kawabe, K., H. Koyama, and K. Shirae, "Planar Inductor," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. MAG-20, No. 5, Sep 1984, pp. 1804-1806.
- Krafcsik, D.M. and D.E. Dawson, "A Closed-Form Expression for Representing the Distributed Nature of the Spiral Inductor," Proceedings of the 1986 IEEE Microwave & Millimeter-Wave Monolithic Circuits Conference, pp. 87-92.
- Kuhn, W.B., A. Elshabini-Riad, and F.W. Stephenson, "Centre-Tapped Spiral Inductors for Monolithic Bandpass Filters," Electronics Letters, Vol. 31, No. 8, 13 Apr 1995.
- Lang, D., "Broadband Model Predicts S-Parameters of Spiral Inductors," Microwaves & RF, Jan 1988, pp. 107-110.
- Niknejad, A.M. and R.G. Meyer, "Analysis and Optimization of Monolithic Inductors and Transformers for RF ICs," Proceedings IEEE 1997 Custom Integrated Circuits Conference, pp. 375-378.
- Niknejad, A.M. and R.G. Meyer, "Analysis, Design, and Optimization of Spiral Inductors and Transformers for Si RF IC's," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 33, No. 10, October 1998, pp. 1470-1481.
- Oshiro, O., H. Tsujimoto, and K. Shirae, "A Novel Miniature Planar Inductor," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. MAG-23, No. 5, Sep 1987, pp. 3759-3761.
- Pucel, R.A., "Design Considerations for Monolithic Microwave Circuits," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. MTT-29, No. 6, Jun 1981, pp. 513-534.
- Razavi, B., "CMOS Technology Characterization for Analog and RF Design," Proceedings IEEE 1998 Custom Integrated Circuit Conference, pp. 23-30.
- Soohoo, R.F., "Magnetic Thin Film Inductors for Integrated Circuit Applications," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. MAG-15, No. 6, Nov. 1979, pp. 1803-1805.
- Stubbs, M., L. Chow, and G. Howard, "Simulation Tool Accurately Models MMIC Passive Elements," Microwaves & RF, Jan 1988, pp. 75-79.
- Wolff, I. and H. Kapusta, "Modeling of Circular Spiral Inductors for MMICs," 1987 IEEE MTT-S Digest, pp. 123-126.
- Yamaguchi, K., E. Sugawara, O. Nakajima, H. Matsuki, and K. Murakami, "Load Characteristics of a Spiral Coil Type Thin Film Microtransformer," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 29, No. 6, Nov. 1993, pp. 3207-3209.
- Yeung, T., J. Lau, H.C. Ho, and M.C. Poon, "Design Considerations for Extremely High-Q Integrated Inductors and Their Application in CMOS RF Power Amplifier," RAWCON 98 Proceedings, pp. 265-268.
- Yue, C.P., C. Ryu, J. Lau, T.H. Lee, and S.S. Wong, "A Physical Model for Planar Spiral Inductors on Silicon," 1996 IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting, pp. 155-158.
If you have any additional references on this
subject, please Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
_==_ / and they will be added to this resource list.
Birdstein is a creation of Peter Casso