Class F Amplifier References
- Dietsche, S., C. Duvanaud, G. Pataut, and J. Obregon, "Design of High
Power-Added Efficiency FET Amplifiers Operating with Very Low Drain Bias
Voltages for Use in Mobile Telephones at 1.7 GHz," Proceedings of the 23rd
European Microwave Conference, pp. 252-254.
- Ebert, J. and M. Kazimierczuk, "Class E High-Efficiency Tuned Power
Oscillator," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 16, No. 2, Apr
1981, pp. 62-65.
- Ebert, J. and M. Kazimierczuk, "Improving the Efficiency of High-Power
Radio-Frequency Amplifiers," Radioelectronics and Communications Systems,
Vol. 20, No. 11, Nov 1977, pp. 82-84.
- Fuzik, N.S., "Biharmonic Modes of a Tuned RF Power Amplifier,"
Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 7, Jul 1970, pp.
- Krauss, H.L., C.W. Bostonian, and F.H. Raab, "SOLID STATE RADIO
ENGINEERING," Wiley, 1980 (chapter 14).
- Mallet, A. et al, "A Design Method for High Efficiency Class F HBT
Amplifiers," 1996 IEEE MTT-S Digest, pp. 855-858.
- Pender, H. and K. McIlwain, "ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS' HANDBOOK,
ELECTRICAL COMMUNICATION AND ELECTRONICS," Wiley, 1936 (section 7, pp.
- Raab, Frederick H., "An Introduction to Class-F Power Amplifiers," RF
Design, May 1996, pp. 79-84. (see correction July 1994, p. 14).
- Raab, Frederick H., "Class-F Power Amplifiers with Maximally Flat
Waveforms," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 45,
No. 11, Nov 1997, pp. 2007-2012.
- Raab, Frederick H., "FET Power Amplifier Boosts Transmitter
Efficiency," Electronics, 10 Jun 1976, pp. 122-126.
- Raab, Frederick H., "Maximum Efficiency and Output of Class-F Power
Amplifiers," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol.
49, No. 6, Jun 2001, pp. 1162-1166.
- Sokal, N.O., "Class E High-Efficiency Switching-Mode Tuned Power
Amplifier with Only One Inductor and One Capacitor in Load Network -
Approximate Analysis," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-16,
No. 4, Aug 1981, pp. 380-384.
- Toyoda, S., "High Efficiency Amplifiers," 1994 IEEE MTT-S Digest, pp.
- Toyoda, S., "High Efficiency Single and Push-Pull Power Amplifiers,"
1993 IEEE MTT-S Digest, pp. 277-280.
- Tyler, V.J., "A New High-Efficiency High-Power Amplifier," Marconi
Review, Vol. 21, No. 130, 3rd Quarter 1958, pp. 96-109.
- Wood, John W., "High Efficiency Class C Amplifier," US Patent
#3,430,157, 25 Feb 1969.
- Zivkovic, Z. and A. Markovic, "Increasing the Efficiency of the
High-Power Triode HF Amplifier - Why Not with the Second Harmonic?" IEEE
Transactions on Broadcasting, Vol. BC-32, No. 1, Mar 1986, pp. 5-10.
- Zivkovic, Z. and A. Markovic, "Third Harmonic Injection Increasing the
Efficiency of High-Power HF Amplifiers," IEEE Transactions on
Broadcasting, Vol. BC-31, No. 2, Jun 1985, pp. 34-39.
If you have any additional references on this
subject, please Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
_==_ / and they will be added to this resource list.
Birdstein is a creation of Peter Casso