560 Neva Place
Los Angeles, CA 90042
Natrol, Inc. 2003 to 2005
• Concept and produce print advertising campaigns for Natrol products
• Design packaging for new and existing Natrol products/brands
• Graphic design for corporate needs including logos, brochures, annual report, website
Freelance Designer, Art Director 1999 to 2003
• Full-time art direction and design for Herbalife International (1 year) and DIRECTV, Inc. (1 1/2 years)
• Projects ranging from point of purchase to art/photo direction for magazines and catalogs
• Advertising and exhibit designs for the Los Angeles Conservancy
• Design work for Bos Design, Vivendi Universal, Disney Consumer Products
Freeman Cosmetic Corporation, Los Angeles 1997 to 1999
• Concept, design, and produce packaging designs, advertising, point of purchase and collateral.
• Teamed with Marketing to create two new skin care brands and accompanying collateral materials.
• Self-managed projects from concept and design through production and press checks.
Kiesewetter & Associates, Dallas, Texas 1993 to 1995
Acted as only art director for small advertising agency.
• Art directed and produced print advertising, packaging and collateral.
• Involved in projects from copy concept through comps, photo direction and computer production.
• Variety of work including trade and consumer accounts, sales promotion, and direct mail.
Freelance Designer, Art Director 1992 to 1993
• Designed and produced a quarterly corporate magazine for GTE.
• Contract design for Dr. Pepper/7Up design department and JCPenney Corporate Communications.
Tracy-Locke, Inc., Dallas, Texas 1991 to 1992
Concepted, designed, and directed production of advertising for Pepsi account at large ad agency.
• Teamed up with writers and account service to create advertising ideas.
• Supervised illustrators, photographers, and production studio to produce finished advertising.
Staff Artist, Designer
Dallas Times Herald, Dallas, Texas 1990 to 1991
Designed and produced advertising and promotions for marketing department. Projects included logos, section covers, house ads, and brochures. Supported newspaper staff with design and layout work.
Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe GoLive, in a Macintosh environment
Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas 1989
Major: Art Concentration: Graphic Design Minor: Political Science GPA: 3.7/4.0
Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, California 1996