The sun sets behind Capilla Peak, viewed from our Great Room, part of an 180 degree panorama of mountains.
* Quarai Ruins - beautiful 300-year-old mission church (Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument) - 15 minutes
* Fourth of July Canyon (fall foliage, hiking trails) - 20 minutes
* Manzano State Park - picnic, campgrounds - 15 minutes
* Mountainair - charming cowboy town with art community - 25 minutes
(Historic Shaffer Hotel - Rancho Bonito - Headquarters, Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument)
* Abo Ruins - 40 minutes
* salt lakes - 40 minutes
* Gran Quivira Ruins - 50 minutes
* Capilla Peak - campgrounds, hiking, spectacular views - 60 minutes
* Old Town, Albuquerque - 60 minutes
* Albuquerque Museums - 60 minutes
* Sandia Peak Tramway - 70 minutes
* Sandia Casino (gaming) - 70 minutes
* Madrid, NM - charming ghost town and tourist/shopping attraction - 75 minutes
* Santa Fe, NM - 90 minutes
* Acoma Sky City - Ancient Indian Pueblo on 300 ft. high mesa - 120 minutes
Quarai Ruins, part of the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument, Is a restored Spanish mission church from the 17th century
and the remains of an ancient pueblo.
The historic Shaffer Hotel (1923) in Mountainair is a national landmark and classic work in an architectural style called
Pueblo-Deco. Mountainair is a wonderful Old West town with art galleries, unique stores and The Rosebud Saloon - still full
of real cowboys!