WHY CHRIST HAD TO DIE
There are at least six reasons why Christ had to die that come to mind immediately. These are:
1) Heb 2:14: "To defeat him that held the power of death, that is, the Devil", which He did through His resurrection.
2) Heb 9:15-17: "His New Testament was put in force by His death." Consider that whenever we mortals compose a "last will
and testament", it is of no effect while we yet live, for we have the right to change it. After we die, however, no one, not
even the courts can or will change it.
3) Ps 50:6, Ps 75:7, Acts 10:37-42, Rom 2:16: He is the righteous Judge. No one can say to Him, "oh you don't know what
it was like in that terrible flesh existence", for "The WORD became flesh and dwelt among us". (Jn 1:14) Yes, friends He felt
all the same things we feel in the flesh, including pain, hunger and death. Therefore He is the
Worthy Judge (Rev 20:12 ff) He came as the very Soul of GOD in the flesh of a man, (Jn 10:30) because He loves all His
Children. (Jn 3:16)
4) Christ came for the express purpose (Jn 12:27) of becoming the fulfillment for all time of the Law "Without the shedding
of blood there is no remission" (for sin): Lev 17:11, Heb 9:22. This law was first demonstrated by God Himself to Adam &
Eve (Gen 3:21). (You don't seriously think those animals parted with their skins without dying and shedding their blood, do
you?) These skins "covered" the first sin, and because God never changes, (Mal 3:6, Heb 13:8), God Himself fulfilled the old
Law calling for blood sacrifice, once and for all time with His Crucifixion.
5) Christ came to fulfill the Law and all the prophecies given by the prophets. (Lk 4:17-21 and Mt 5:17-18). The first
prophecy of Messiah was given to Adam in front of Satan in Gen 3:15. God kept His Word as He always does.
6) Thus, in fulfilling the Law He gave us a new command (Jas 2:8) to enable us to keep from transgressing all the old ones.
(Matt 22:36-40), and a method of forgiveness from sin to replace the animal sacrifice. (1 Jn 2:1, Heb 9:26, 10:12)
Hope this Helps--God Bless