Study Computer Literacy?
To do reports in high school and college
(required!). The longer you wait to learn to use a computer the more
difficult your school life will be. While you struggle
to get the computer to do what you want it to do, the computer
literate students have finished the work and have moved on to other
work. You will eat their dust! Can you guess who
gets the better grades, and later, the better job?
Write the many letters and essays that are
required to get into a good college or university. You have to do a
good job of it! (That also means being good in English!)
For Your Personal Life
- Do work for clubs & organizations to which
- Do the money bookkeeping for your
- Do Internet searches on things you are
- Do things for your church.
- Help your own children.
- Create Web Sites for your hobby, family, or
- Make very nice signs and posters.
- Write letters quickly and well.
For Your Business Life
- Create and make presentations to groups, in
order to get your ideas and plans accepted by them. This is
ABSOLUTELY required in any job in engineering,
design, computer, software, and in most highly paid business jobs!
This is what PowerPoint is used for!!!
- Organize and run the business.
- Create Web Sites for your business. (Or at
least understand the process!)
- Write Reports
- Spread sheet studies What if we
- Extensive communications
- All the accounting (the money matters) (You at
least have to understand it!) (Excel)
- Write product documentation that tells
- What is it good for.
- How do you use it.
- How does it work.
- How manufacturing is to build it.
- How it will be tested.
- How it will be repaired.
What are some of the jobs or businesses
that use a lot of computers? .....
- Doctors office
- Vet office
- Lawyers office
- Banks and other Money types of
- Any store, no matter how small it
- Auto Mechanic
- Airline pilot
- Police & fire departments
- Engineers and designers of ALL
- Musicians (A lot of computer
- Film makers, animators, special
- Scientists of ALL kinds.
- A Buyer (A specialist who buys things for a
- Photographers (LA Times is all digital
photography; cameras, transmitted, processed, edited, and printed
- Writers of every kind, even
- Newspapers and magazines are all done on
Very nearly every piece of printed material that
you see anywhere, anytime, was created on a computer!
Very nearly all good paying or high paying jobs
the ability to use a computer.
Now you know why we are teaching Computer
TOP - - - Unschool
Main Contents - - -
Contents - - - Master