The Bates County Historical Society has rescued two antique buildings and moved them to the museum grounds. One is the
1905 Nyhart School which is furnished as the one room schoolhouse that it was. It is open to the public. The other building
is the Wilcox School, which will be converted into a chapel for weddings and gatherings. There is a dogtrot log cabin being
constructed beside the Wilcox building.