How to Make a Million a Year starting from Zero & Keep the Profits
You have zero start-up money, a lot of ideas and YOU THINK (sadly) that you have nothing else. WRONG!!! You have talents, interests, predilections, a family with functioning brains and hands, many of them talented artisans. Last and best, you have friends, the greatest resource on the planet! That's all you need to start your own million dollar business. Hauling this team with you on the voyage!
Really? I can hear you say. "DID YOU HEAR ME? I HAVE Zero money ON HAND and I WORK A 40 hour week just to pay rent and food? And MY WACKY FRIENDS? USELESS!"
Who's talking about your wacky pals. I'm talking about the pals you can make on the INTERNET! Every day I put up 20 craigs list ads and new pals answer me. My ads say "CLICK ON THE FRUGAL WEB SITE, join our free online classroom, no registering, read it all online right now, FREE" Now I could very well do one saying that we're starting a group in this town now. I did a WRITER'S CO-OP once. Like a fun party once a month. Maybe do "Make your own ACTOR-s CO-OP, get acting classes,photos, audition tapes for free..." or "Want to do Import Export, join our group of artists, designers, if you have some art or design talent. Another one is "How to Marry a Millionaire, free cyber- seminar."
(Craigs List Org lets you put up only the non WWW website names so I USE my FREEBIE home.earthlink.net/~astrology/ type NO WWW websites for any CRAIGS ad LINK. I'm lucky enough to have EARTHLINK which gives us a dozen free web sites without the WWW letters. I save my domain name websites for articles that will take hits, like this one. (Earthlink only lets me have a hunred megs of hits a month, is why.)
Until I discovered CRAIGS LIST as a method for getting hundreds of readers daily, I never knew how lucky I was to have Earthlink as my server. Craigs will not let you post a WWW. website! Now I WRITE articles daily, and I post LIVE LINKS TO THEM at my FREEBIE ads. I POST THE LIVE LINKS IN ARTICLES like this one, FTP them to my multiple web sites (using free downloadable shareware FTP software --available online right now if you google FTP + free download,) and I teach you the secrets of freebie websites at THE WEB TECH FOR NEWBIES AND DUMMIES SEMINAR, free.
A few dozen CRAIGS LIST ads go up daily, usually in the GROUPS section (in l00 different cities !) reading "COME TO THE FRUGAL GROUP, SECRETS OF THE BOTTOMFEEDER, see the totally free GUERILLA CAPITALISM WEB SITE", and I give the url right there! Or ROMANCE 101 SEMINAR. GIRLS, --LEARN HOW TO MARRY WELL, don't get dated and dumped, click on LOVEAHOLICS ANONYMOUS seminar.
Such ads appear in several dozen cities daily! (My pals are used to the CRAIGS AD coming to their email, and they OK the ad, if I do too many. I farm out the overload.) Each day I try another twenty cities until in four days time, I have the full l00 American cities that Craigs offers. Then I go to EUROPE and ASIA! THERE ARE GIRLS IN CALCUTTA reading these ADS!
The result of this is that I make twenty to l00 friends every single day of the week! At least twenty of them will actually go to my web sites, read the articles that inspire them to start their own businesses, even if they work a forty hour week for someone else! I know they read them, because they write me telling me how they started a home based business.
So, the articles I write (on frugal living, raising babies, gardening, cheapo cuisine, holistic healing/ diets, marrying well, doing import/export to benefit starving villages abroad,) are posted at FIVE different web sites that I CAN PERSONALLY LOAD, GUERILLA CAPITALISM, LUCK IN LOVE, MASTER JULES, THE PROSPERITY GURU, etc. etc. three of them have URLS without WWW's so say, it's written http://home.earthlink.net/~loveguru/frugindex.htm or THE HOW TO MARRY WELL page (100 articles at this FREE WEBSITE) -- that URL will become LIVE LINKS at CRAIGS LIST. CLICKABLE URLS! People tend to CLICK if you give them a reason. SAY "READ THIS ARTICLE on MARRYING A BILLIONAIRE" Girls will CLICK on that. Now it used to be at craigs list only non WWWs sites as they did not LET YOU LOAD A WWW at Craigs! They ban those!) YOU PUT HTM TEXT or BLOG online and see if CRAIGS NOW ALLOWS IT.
Daily, people write me from all over the world saying "I went to the LUCK IN LOVE website, now I want to be on the list to get new articles as they come out. Or I went to the FRUGAL BOTTOMFEEDERS website now put me on the LIST. That means new recipes, tips go to them weekly. Or they love the MASTER JULES PROSPERITY TEACHINGS website and they want more chapters as they're transcribed from the dead man's tapes. Or they liked the UNDERGROUND CAPITALIST files from the GUERILLA CAPITALISM website....etc. etc. And guess what! These people are passing their finds (article wise,) to their pals! SO who needs RANDOM HOUSE?
I write HTM files, hypertext, (WHICH THIS PAGE IS) as we all have SEA MONKEY (Free download) or MICROSOFT OFFICE software, and HTM text is net-ready! This article you are reading now is HTM text! So each reader flips it to a friend, does a forward, and thusly, gives me another reader, and things grow incrementally this way. NETWORKING grows!
But don't stop there! When folks write me, "WOW, LOVED YOUR ARTICLE!" BANG! I instantly put them on an E-MAIL list to send them future articles. THE FRUGAL LIST, the LUCK in LOVE MARRY WELL LIST. The PROSPERITY TEACHINGS of the MASTER JULES articles...
Some of them are in my city and if I weren't a NET GEEZER, (i.e. a very very old lady with immobilizing heart condition limited mobility in my own house but also no legal wheels to hit the streets), I would start businesses with these new friends. YOU HOWEVER ARE YOUNG AND PEPPY and can do an import/export artisanry biz in a flash!
THE GUERILLA CAPITALISM website has dozens of ideas and some are here, below, ideas that I saw make it big in Hollywood, any one of which fascinates me enuf to do it personally!
When I was young, The Master Jules and his wife and my hubby and me all started a biz, an import/export shop on the SUNSET STRIP! I was barefoot and pregnant living in Mexico shipping artisanry stuff to him in West Hollywood, and to his wife Suzi (My best gal pal in my childhood,) at their end. Jules went on to make many millions of dollars in this biz! I became a full time mother.
I know that friends doing a business together really works, BIGTIME! And especially if you are young. (under fifty). So start with a website or two, the freebie ones your server gives you are fine, cuz the URL is one you pass to CRAIGS LIST READERS under GROUPS. Via CRAIGS LIST you will make friends in your city and then, BECAUSE any business started by a team of people, sharing profits, working together, -- gets to be like a permanent BLOCK PARTY and is so much fun that everyone works full time and the BUSINESS has the benefit of all your friends' friends helping and becoming customers, and all your friends' relatives, friends too! I KNOW that you will become a multi millionaire too!
A feature of a group is that every contact a member of the business makes with HIS OWN SET OF relatives and friends, is drawn into the organization. Perhaps each new contact will/ can be deputized as a sales agent. Or a salesman, doing say 8 hr stints at the central shop. However you cut up the mountain, the thing snowballs quickly. If anything thinks of getting lazy, his brothers pinch him awake. And between a group, start up cash is easy.
To start a business, you may need $299 for a DELL* computer with MONITOR AND PRINTER, or at my webtech page, I teach you how to get a used PC from a fixer man cheaper. Get some free, shareware Desk-top publishing software from the fixer man, too, also free, to make some flyers, downloaded online. (*I prefer going to a small PC shop off the boulevard, (low rent,) where a HINDU TEKIE fixes machines for big corps. They give him dozens of yr old machines. He erases everything, loads it with best software, being a BOMBAY BOTTOMFEEDER like MOMMA here! And I buy the pc, monitor, keyboard and printer for 250 $ stacked with bevies of the best software in the world. And I always ask for an OLDER Operating System!! PRE MILLENNIUM. NO REGISTRATION AT ALL On those MICROSOFT 1998 O.S.)
Get some garage sale cheap paper, (Huge boxes go for a buck,) some stamps, maybe 30$ for ink for printing, the paper for the flyers.....at times some xeroxing or print shop dollars but I find XEROX SHOPS HAVE GONE TOOOOO SKY HIGH so color inks and doing your own flyers is de rigeur and oh yes, a staple gun to hang the flyers. 12$ at HOME DEPOT. SMALL enough amount to start a CASH CAREER! You're going to work out of your home, so you don't need to rent a space. You may need a little equipment, depending on what business you plan to do. Catering for parties might require pots and pans, massage might require scented salad oil.You get the essential oils at healthfood store very inexpensively. I know a group that has NATURE'S AROMAS OIL corporations and they throw away their used oil cans, 5 gallon things, and there is at least l00$ worth of oils left inside the cans at throw away time, so hit the dumpsters behind their factory! Or make a deal. (I got them free, used to wash floors with water poured thru them!)
So next, a space to work. Maybe you want to work outta your garage, where you create a home office, or rent a space for a shop. In that case, you need money, so WRITE A PROSPECTUS to attract investors. This is a typed document, xeroxed, with a DEAL MEMO appended to it. (A kind of short legal contract.) You leave spaces for signatures, dates on that. But on the prospectus itself, we State AIMS OF BUSINESS, i.e. To create a profit making bakery/cafe, etc. THEN, describe YOUR BIO/ particulars, your RESUME. This will glowingly describe your abilities, experience.
Next, in the deal memo, state how many shares will be sold. This is not how many are required. Securities Commission allows up to 36 'shares in what is defined as a limited partnership.' As it's a small group, it's not regulated by Federal laws. So plan on 35. Divide amt. of cash you need to start biz by 35. Say it's 35 thousand dollars. Everybody contributes or invests a thousand. They each get a single share in your business for that money. Decide what profits you should get for running it. Maybe 3/4s of the profits, or maybe just a salary and one share. Stockholders do not necessarily get ALL the profits. Stockholders are given the % you want to give. Say 50% of the PROFITS get divided 35 ways but PROFITS for how many years? Forever? l0 years? Five? You have to decide. Or do investors get payback forever? Make up your mind. Next decide the big thing: WHAT BIZ to start?
NEW AGE IDEAS FOR BUSINESSES YOU AND YOUR PARTNERS CAN CREATE: (ALL URLS HERE ALIVE!)
1. A SINGLE MINGLE. Create a Singles Group with flyers and posters. Venue: Local cafe/church. Charge l0$ at door. $1000 a nite to $5,000. Expand to SUCCESS IN LOVEgroup for singles.
2. SELF HELP GROUPS: Create a "Loveaholics Anonymous" therapy group. This is the SUCCESS IN LOVE group. Hold meetings at local church, weekly. Build it around a local psychologist. Produce her tapes, local radio show.
3. SPECIAL INTEREST: Start Special interest group like 'Screenwriter's Circle'. Or ACTORS and WRITERS' STUDY GROUP, which can segue into a FILM COMMISSION. Or start a class for ORIENTAL cooking, or VEGAN cooking or how to lay flagstone. Or build fountains or do landscaping. Get an aged pro to teach one night a week. Write articles ABOUT STARTING your own groups to stimulate others to do it.
4. PC TEKKIE: Take computer class at adult High Schl, 15$ a semester! Then teach others how to PC.. Buy used PC's from the FREE AD circular where some UPSCALE person puts a 2 yr old machine up for sale for a few hundred, or get machines discarded by advancing tekkies that have smaller hard disks than they'd wish, cheap as everyone is always dumping older models. I go to BHANU PATEL my neighborhood's PC FIXER SHOP, on a back street, not even on main blvd. LOW RENTS and he passes it on! Big corporations ask him to carry away all slightly used PC's. He has lots of used machines littering his shop. He cleans them out, tests everything, loads any vers of WINDOWS you want in there, I PREFER WINDOWS 98 SE and he gives you all the software you want, FREE He customizes it like you may want browsers. I USE NETSCAPE VERS 4.7 as a main browser as its email lists are best of all browsers. I have MOZILLA FIREFOX browser in there, and I still have MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD up as a browser, just attatched to MAILSHACK email client. I have INTERNET EXPLORER by GATES. I.E. they call it, attatched only to my YAHOO fre email box. I did have OPERA BROWSER once. I have SLIM BROWSER also. I downloaded them all myself free, but you could find them via this guy. The PC TEKKIE can give you multiple browsers each with its freebe mail account.
ALL THAT downloading and software and this PC TEKIE, Usually Hindu, is STILL gonna charge 200$ for a full loaded PC COMPARED to 600$ at BEST BUY with no damn software! NOW you can fit out a lot of these older PC's Sell them to your crew of newbies for $250, make a profit. And if they screw'em up, send 'em to your local BHANU! Teach private sessions for $25 an hour on getting on the internet, and all the downloading and website design and emailing and ICQ stuff which everyone wants to do now. I once fell into the hands of a bad PC guy. When PC just needed to be scanned and defragged, he did it, charged me 100$ as I sat with him for the 2 hrs that it took ....THE RAT! He could have taught me to scan/defrag in 30 seconds!!!!!! He got Lou Gehrig's disease and his whole body melted away.
5. NO BIZ LIKE SHOW BIZ : Start an Acting Co-op for grown-ups or kids. Scenes and improvs. Build it into a Little Theatre which attract Federal grants, local civic funding. Then the LOCAL FILM commission which attracts Hollywood shoots to your area. FILM INDEX goes into detail.
6. POWERGIVER & NATURE HEALER: Read up on herbs, shiatsu massage, iridology, power foods, specific-healing diets, be a holistic healer. $800 K per yr. Most states don't require licensing, oddly enough. Lady I went to made 800k k a yr. SHe'd never graduated high school. BOY COULD she diagnose and heal!
7. THE GOOD WITCH: Learn Tarot reading, get Eden Gray book, Ryder Waite deck, get job at psychic hot line giving advice, entertain at parties. Do what I did to raise 4 kids solo; clients for private readings.Throw in YOGA classes!
8. NOSTALGIA BUFFS: Find collectibles, American 20's pottery at garage sales, thrift stores, sell privately to collectors, dealers in big cities.
9. MYSTIC DECORATOR: Adjust decor of homes according to principles of Feng shui. Become a highly paid consultant. In L.A. this is HOT. Be a clutter coach, too.
10. GROCERIES ARE US! Start a communal Food Co-Op, sell wholesale groceries, etc. See article here, FEED THE CITY. On this site.
11. BAZAAR FOLKLORICO: Find 50 artists to share rent on an Artisanry Shop/gallery. Find a big old house zoned for biz district. Several artists share space in each room. Big Tourist attraction week-ends. Have musicians.Mariachis would be ideal!
12. CHEZ MOI TEA SHOP: Open a Tea Room, sandwich shop, waffles or scones, combine with above gallery, decor, duds, books, psychic readings, massage. Bakery.
13. DOCTOR STRANGELOVE: Learn hypnosis from library book; do past life regressions. Hypnotize people into will power for dieting, substance abuse or a trance giving them the ability to become suddenly allergic to nasty mates or sweethearts and want to get OUT.
14. MERMAID TECH: Love seashells, lapidary, geologics, crystals? Buy a drill, make jewelry, mount specimens on wooden blocks. Necklace, earrings. Bead stringing buy antique costume jewelry at garage sales SAT/SUNDAY and restring.
15. WINGS: Read a book on How to Be a Travel agent. Get discounted travel for all your pals. Do 'Singles' trips with your many groups.
16. YUMMY TUMMY MUMMY: Learn to cook New Age, exotic or Macrobiotic, teach at Learning Annex, teach cooking classes, cater parties (50$ a head is going price), supply bakeries.
17. THE NEW SCHOOL: Create a Learning Annex in different home venues, Seminars, lectures, psych, career, cooking, computers, how-to. Retired artisans teach home-tech trades.
18. Create a RECYCLER newspaper, free classified ads to all, sell paper for l$. PAID ads by merchants but classifies are free to everyone. Make a Million$ first yr.
19. SUMMER SPLASH: With Help of College English Dept, create summer RENAISSANCE FAIRE: artisans, theatres, food, actors, games. Six weekends every summer.
20. THE MOVEABLE FEAST: Make tofu/tempeh/ vegie meatloaf Healthfood sandwiches for healthfood store, also to carry to offices in a basket at lunchtime.
21. MAKE LIKE MONET: Learn to OIL-Paint easy NAIVE painting like Rousseau or Grandma Moses, or easy loose-stroke, messy impressionism like Gauguin, van Gogh. You can sell canvases for 200$ & up.
22. CHERRY VINTAGE AUTOS, Buy 1940-50 wrecks, work on motors, paint, sell in big cities 5k ea.and UP!
23. MARTHA STEWART: Buy old, white enamled furniture at garage sales, sand in places til it looks like summer cottage stuff.
24. SWAP MEET: Rent the schoolyard on Saturdays/ Sundays, create a swap meet w. collectibles, artisans, jewelers, food and drink booths. Charge exhibitors and charge the public who comes IN a small amount, too.
25. RUG RAT: Paint Canvas squares into rugs, varnish you get a few hundred but if you're going to go to all that trouble, stretch it on bars, call it a painting, ask a thousand each.
26.POMPEII PAINTERS:Paint house interiors with unusual antique finishes. Check out Jocasta Innes books at finer bookstores for ideas, tech.
27. CEMENT HEADS: Build an artistic fountain, flagstone or POT business by pouring stones, bricks, pots mixed with peat to give it an artistic, rustic look. Martha covers this at her site. Age them, then plant them. Hit the FARMERS markets with your planted pots.
28. Take a class in etched glass, which is designy- sandblasting, and do big fee RESTAURANT windows. Go see a guy who started from zero, went pro and is the best in his field in HOLLYWOOD, BLUEWATER REFLECTIONS.
Next: How to keep the profits from this business? This is very easy. See? We're going to tell you a complicated Capital Gains Secret that will save you a million on taxes. Here it is: Keep re-investing in the business. That's all. Take your profits and make the business grow with employees, services, venues, publicity, product, equipment, but never at the expense of your investors. You do GROWTH related EXPANSION with money left after you pay investors at least l4% per annum on his investment. Then, there are no profits. Everything you put into this biz is deductible.
And Uncle Sam? I think I can hear one of you saying. You, way in the back there. You sir I heard you think it: "I GOTTA PAY MY TAXES, it's patriotic." So, mister, If you're worried about Sam, volunteer exact sums of cash earned and pay income taxes on personal income to the government. Sure, then it can pay its debt to the privately owned Federal Reserve representing the privately owned world banks in payment for money Sam should have been printing himself, not borrowing, which is the most addictive 7% solution on the planet. And you can feel OK about giving bankers more caviar and Lear jet money. And giving OUR GOV more rockets to kill third world babies.
The rest of you? I think you can be certain that your dear, heavily addicted Uncle Sam would want you to build a business that is designed to take you, your family and community into the 3rd millenium, and build it into something substantial that will employ and feed a lot of people, and keep them off welfare, right? So if you feel guilty, after you pay the rent, food, utilities and that occasional car repair, if there are any profits mail them directly to the Federal Reserve. Look on the back of the cancelled check. That's the black hole where Income Tax goes so it does zip for civilization, unlike your new business which can actually do some good for some real people.
So if you're tempted, at least get together with a few of your favorite relatives and friends, hand them a print-out of this article, decide what business it could be. Come up with some new ideas for businesses based on your own know-how. Decide how many hours you can afford to give a week to the new biz project. And an astrologer to the last, I suggest you do your planning -meetings during POWER HOURS so you attract maximum interest, and can keep up your momentum, and really fire up the whole gang's pistons and enthusiastically start this New Age Millenium business. You'll be doing the world, your city and your heirs for the next ten generations ---a big favor!.
MORE IDEAS ON COTTAGE INDUSTRIES AT THE MONEY TIPS FOR ENTREPRENEURS SITE!