I've started the second baby blanket, using a stitch pattern that I based on this triangles
pattern. I changed it up a bit, but the idea was basically the same. I made the base of my trianges 21 stitches
and worked from there.
I'm happy with how it is turning out.
The transportation squares are finished and ready to be hung. I must admit to not enjoying quilting much at all.
I like the piecework part of it, but the actual quilting is not in my sphere of liking right now. Maybe when I'm older
and more patient.
I'll get a picture of them hanging up in Bruce's room once they get there!
I have been working on a small project to hang up in Bruce's room once we get moved. At Mary Jo's Fabrics in Gastonia
I found this panel fabric with old modes of transportation. Here thay are already cut apart:
I've quilted each one with a thin layer of batting and a gray twill weave backing. The plaid around the outside
will not show when they are finished. While I like the colors in the plaid, for some reason I don't like that it is
I have started sewing on the border to the airplane square. Here's what it looks like so far:
These will hang on both sides of one of the windows in his room. Two on each side. I hope to finish these
before we move. So I'd better stop posting and get to work!
I finished up the baby blanket for my home church a few days ago, then wove in the ends and washed it. It washed
wonderfully - a requirement for a practical baby blanket!
The slanted angle of the picture gives a better view of the different stiches. I'm happy with how it turned
There is still enough yarn left over to make another baby blanket. I may try out a different plan for the second
I've fixed one of the holes in my mother's blanket successfully, two of them unsuccessfully. I've got to pull out
the mending yarn and do them over.
A few years ago, my mother asked me if I could repair an afghan that her grandmother had crocheted for her.
I told her yes, but haven't done any more than buying the yarn with which I will repair it. It has sat in my room back
home ever since. Due to our impending move, I've been trying to clean stuff out of that room and I came across the afghan.
It is very well made. Her stitches are so even and tight - but not too tight. The problem is that it has
many holes. I have found 14 so far. Apparently, it's a yummy afghan for moths. Some of the holes are very
Others are quite small:
I don't yet know exactly how I will fix it. I've got a few ideas. I'll just have to start trying them out
and see which one works best.
The baby blanket is coming along pretty well, although I haven't worked on it very much lately. I only have a little
over twenty rows to go. I ran into a bit of a snag when I wasn't paying attention and screwed up the border in one section.
It would be very easy to fix if it didn't also encompass the edge stitches. I hate messing with those things.
My brain always has problems with them.
I've been thinking about making Spring Fling
from Knitty's spring issue. I must finish some of these other projects first.
Oh - and the sock doesn't fit my sister either. It's too small. I don't know what I'm going to do about it.
Maybe I'll finish it just to have finished it, and place it in the Hall of Knitting Experience. I think I've learned
a few things from it.