DIVORCE --CELEBRITY STYLE
TUFF LUV i.e. Love is tough--- for the guy.
It was an icy cold March day in LONDON when poor Beatle Paul (Mc Cartney) had to fork over 50 million dollars to Heather, his wife of four years. Don't weep for him Argentina. He has over a billion bucks, so this was chump change. Heather is a very lucky girl. She had a terrifically interesting past and not a lot got said about it.
Read: http://www.masterjules.net/heather.htm which is an interesting look at Mrs Mc Cartney's seamy doings as a kid of twenty. She stripped, posed, sold, starred pinupped and was a real sex pot, loose as a goose, and it was this TALENT that appealed to the BEATLE. Yep, it's how she nailed PAUL, that sexy streak but also the elegant, charismatic charity (wooden legs,) that she ran.
What a roller coaster life for Heather and today, the announcement: "MC CARTNEY - MILLS DIVORCE SETTLEMENT TERMS are 50 million dollars. All for her. Much more for the Daughter Beatrice.
This kind of settlement isn't unusual. An interesting one coming up is unusual for the wrong reasons. Katie Holmes signed a pre-nup that gets her 5 million for every year she stays married to him, (apparently his other two wives walked out, Strong Mimi Rogers and STRONGER Nicole Kidman. both at age 33). Now KATIE is 33, she's had 5 yrs with him which is 15 million. And that's nothing as Tom is worth 250 million. So watch the news for their court dates and see how this drama unfolds. I hear she didn't want the girl to be scientology as there is no punishment. She disciplines Suri which Tom doesn't like. I guess she hasn't read "MIRACLES FOR BREAKFAST by Ruth Minshull where a scientologist author tells reader 'the child may have way more recincarnations than you parents and may be much wiser, so leave 'em alone.'' ya think this was reason for the split? It was her idea. She blindsided him, and wants sole custody. Let's keep watching.
Here are the top 10 celebrity settlements IN REVERSE ORDER, smallest first the real big ones at the end! NOW IT IS IN ENGLISH POUNDS which are worth almost DOUBLE the dollar.
10) Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall, 1999: £12.5m which is 24 million bucks. The costliest British celeb split before the McCartneys began with the exposure of Jaggers affair with Brazilian model Luciana Morad and ended with the Rolling Stone paying up but only after he had threatened to challenge the legality of his Bali wedding to the Texan supermodel. Jerry.
9) Ted Danson and Casey Coates, 1993: £15m 1993 was a busy year for Danson “ his hit show Cheers ended, he appeared in public with new girlfriend Whoopi Goldberg and he opened his wallet to end a 16-year marriage to former designer Coates. Whoopi didn't last and he married Mary Steenbergen who seems very happy with Teddie.
8) Michael and Diandra Douglas, 1998: £22.5m Two splits, rumours of affairs and a rehab stint“ possibly for sex addiction“ made Michael probably not the greatest husband in the world. Luckily for Mrs Douglas, he wasnt the greatest tightwad in the world either “ the couple did not have pre-nuptial agreement. New Wife Catharine Zeta Jones seems very happy with Mr. D.
7) Paul McCartney and Heather Mills, 2008: £23.4m 48 million bucks. Enough said. Especially by Heather.
6) James Cameron and Linda Hamilton, 1999: £25m Having dumped director wife Kathryn Bigelow for his Terminator star Hamilton, it wasnt too much of a surprise when the self-styled King Of The World said Hasta La Vista to their relationship and ran off with Titanic actress Suzy Amis. Still, the payout was small change for the man who spent £200 million filming his Oscar-winning epic.
5) Kevin Costner and Cindy Silva, 1994: £40m Costners alleged indiscretions were a regular tabloid feature during the early 1990s, but it was still a shock when he and restaurateur wife Cindy split after 16 years of marriage.
4) Harrison Ford and Melissa Matheson, 2004: £42m Screenwriter Matheson, who wrote the screenplay for ET, and Ford were together for over two decades after meeting on the set of Apolcalypse Now. He deal included a percentage of his future movie earnings.
3) Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving, 1989: £50m After Spielberg got together with Kate Capshaw, who he had directed in Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom, Carrie star Irving launched a legal battle against their pre-nup and ended up with half his fortune.
2) Neil Diamond and Marcia Murphey, 1994: £75m Diamond was certainly a girls best friend when the singer and his wife of 25 years split. Neil cheerfully handed over $150m, claiming she was worth every penny..
1) Michael and Jaunita Jordan, 2007: £84m Having split up briefly in 2002, the basketball superstar and his missus made it official five years later with a divorce settlement which still looks cheap against his reported £225m fortune.
Now, I want to cap this little celeb juicy walk thru LALA land with the reason why DIVORCE is not good for all you girls out there who are married to average Joes. C'mon come in from FANTASY LAND. Get back here into the real world.
1.) NO SADDER CRITTER THAN a DIVORCEES. Every guy thnks he can hit on one, there are no manners, It's just, "you wanna?" You get NO RESPECT!
2.) SENIOR STARVATION. Hubbys pension WOULD have taken care of your old age, IF... if you were married for more than l0 yrs. You can't be sure there's another Ten Jack Queen or King left in your deck, so dance with the fellow you came in with.
3.) ADIOS MOM! Once your kids turn l8 they will flee from you, ole single Mom. They will never ever come back -- because unconsciously they know you're alone and that scares them. You are probably suffering and need them a whole LOT and that is a turn off. Down right scary. No parties, gifts, holidays, nuttin' ! They in fact will leave town to get away from you.
<== BACK TO THE LOVE LESSONS INDEX