Dar Anahita Annex
Yes, Dar Anahita got a neighboring building and knocked down another wall to get all this stuff in here. It's mostly clothing stuff... Persian and Ottoman, but some Arabic style may move in here, too.
Here's a list of what's on display here now:
- • an extant 14th century embroidered cotton Persian pirihan (undertunic)
- • the extant 16th century Persian "dragon-slayer" kaftan in an article "The Cut of an Extant Persian Caftan" by Master Rashid / Charles Mellor
- • a detailed examination of the garments in an 16th c. Ottoman woman's outfit
- • Three styles of Ottoman women's hats with extant hats and art, from the 16th to the 17th c.
- • The beginnings of an examination of 16th c. Ottoman men's clothing
- • Dating Ottoman clothing from the 15th through 19th centuries:
An Introduction to 4 pages of pictures
- • 16th & 17th c. Ottoman Garment Fabric
- • A look at a unique Ottoman design : Çintamani (Chintamani)